Triax mod103t

mgmes

Novice Member
Hi guys i have purchased th above mod in order to combine my bt vision output with my standard freeview channels on 8no tv’s with magic eyes on each. When i retune all tv’s they only find the triax and not the rest of the freeview channels. The setups i have tried are:
1/ aerial into mod, hdmi from source into mod, output from mod to amp, bt vision as an amp output to pickup freeview channels
2/ aerial into rf in on bt vision; rf out to mod, hdmi to mod; rf out to amp
3/ aerial into splitter; (one to mod one to bt); hdmi from bt to mod; rf out from mod to amp.

none of the above let me find the original freeview channels on any tv, just the broadcasted channel from mod. I have tried ten or so spare channels,all spares with at least 5 spaces either side. Any help greatly appreciated

Prime Time

Have you tried reducing the output level of the modulator ?
This should be configurable in the settings. You could also try an attenuator on the modulator to reduce output level.

The modulator might be producing too strong a signal which will swamp the freeview multiplexes.

mgmes

Novice Member
Have you tried reducing the output level of the modulator ?
This should be configurable in the settings. You could also try an attenuator on the modulator to reduce output level.

The modulator might be producing too strong a signal which will swamp the freeview multiplexes.
I havent liked to touch it yet until i knew what it needed to be set at as it ranges from -2db to -30db. I do think thats the problem if i am honest but wasnt sure if i needed to match it or have it lower/higher than the off air signal? As i dont have an accurate meter, would i need to literally change it and retune tv every time until i find the signal? Or would i be able to watch the tv and keep changing the rf output strength until it shows up?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom