Triax mod103t

mgmes

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i have purchased th above mod in order to combine my bt vision output with my standard freeview channels on 8no tv’s with magic eyes on each. When i retune all tv’s they only find the triax and not the rest of the freeview channels. The setups i have tried are:
1/ aerial into mod, hdmi from source into mod, output from mod to amp, bt vision as an amp output to pickup freeview channels
2/ aerial into rf in on bt vision; rf out to mod, hdmi to mod; rf out to amp
3/ aerial into splitter; (one to mod one to bt); hdmi from bt to mod; rf out from mod to amp.

none of the above let me find the original freeview channels on any tv, just the broadcasted channel from mod. I have tried ten or so spare channels,all spares with at least 5 spaces either side. Any help greatly appreciated

Have you tried reducing the output level of the modulator ?
This should be configurable in the settings. You could also try an attenuator on the modulator to reduce output level.

The modulator might be producing too strong a signal which will swamp the freeview multiplexes.

Have you tried reducing the output level of the modulator ?
This should be configurable in the settings. You could also try an attenuator on the modulator to reduce output level.

The modulator might be producing too strong a signal which will swamp the freeview multiplexes.
I havent liked to touch it yet until i knew what it needed to be set at as it ranges from -2db to -30db. I do think thats the problem if i am honest but wasnt sure if i needed to match it or have it lower/higher than the off air signal? As i dont have an accurate meter, would i need to literally change it and retune tv every time until i find the signal? Or would i be able to watch the tv and keep changing the rf output strength until it shows up?

I too have the same issue.
Connect the aerial into RF in and the RF out to the TV, all Freeview signals are lost. Power down the unit, I get some of the Freeview signals, power it up, all gone.

If I bypass the modulator, everything works, signal quality and strength very good on all channels

I’ve played with the RF output, default at -30db, all the way to -0db, still no joy.

I’ve used different frequencies (channels, 21, 36, 60) where are unused by my Waltham transmitter.

Changed LCN, service ID, still no joy.

I also did a reset to defaults, and noticed the defaults are different to the defaults in the manual. Manual says default is AAC for audio, the system defaults to MPEG, also the manual says Guard Level default is 1/8, but the unit defaults to 1/4, the manual says Code Rate default is 5/6 but the unit defaults to 2/3. Can anyone advise what are the correct settings?

Do I have a defective unit, or is there a fix for the aerial RF signal in to pass through to the RF out without being lost?

Thanks!

I'm going to give it a go at contacting Triax even though they say its trade only. It seems to be a common problem so any reputable manufacturer should address it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom