Question Tripod Stand for Epson Projector instead of Ceiling mounting?

gooner26

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am going to be purchasing my first ever Projector very soon for my Garden outbuilding.

I was fixed on ceiling mounting the Projector but now I’m thinking is there a Projector Stand that I can buy to house the Projector?

Building a dedicated shelf is unfortunately out of the question which would of been ideal.

I have a power socket in the ceiling not far from where the Projector will be.

Thoughts?

Best
Danny

Hi all

I am going to be purchasing my first ever Projector very soon for my Garden outbuilding.

I was fixed on ceiling mounting the Projector but now I’m thinking is there a Projector Stand that I can buy to house the Projector?

Building a dedicated shelf is unfortunately out of the question which would of been ideal.

I have a power socket in the ceiling not far from where the Projector will be.

Thoughts?

Best
Danny
I had to order in a custom one from ChaseAV which is made by Unicol. Was the only one that supported a decent weight and had the height as it’s very sturdy. Think it cost me around £270, my model has a larger top plate and can go from something like 1.4 to 2m and a larger base to support.

It’s not a tripod but a movable one and then has feet to to secure once placed. I was going to keep it for the next house in a dedicated room now I’ve gone to a ceiling mount I’m not using it but could be tempted to part ways if you are interested?

Looks like that but with a much longer pole.

'Thoughts?' - put it on the ceiling!

If you have to stand mount you will want to ensure the lens is not below your seated eye level, the projector has suitable vertical lens shift (if you can't set it at the mid line of the screen) and you can ensure the projector and cables are all safe to avoid trip hazards.

Joe

Why can't you put it on the ceiling?

I would imagine the stand-mount option will get annoying really quickly when one tiny little knock or wobble causes you to have to realign the projector's optics.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom