trouble shooting a faulty psvr

lpoolm

Prominent Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, so bought a cheap complete psvr from ebay to have a "tinker" but I have never had/used one before so need some basics please.

It has no power does not turn on but need to fault find, see if its the cables/boxes/headset etc.

Firstly I have watched a youtube vid on how to connect so know my leads are correct but first question, I think it is called the processing unit, the box that the hdmi's go in/out, I plug this in but I am not sure if this works, should it have a light on, I am sure the video I saw it had a red light when plugged in turning to blue once powered on?

Hopefully someone can confirm and this can start me off on trouble shooting.

Thanks

It does have a light that shows it's got power. A red light when it's plugged in, it turns white when the PS4 is turned on.

Yes the processing unit should have a light that is red when on standby and then turns white when switched on. It should be permanently connected to the PS4 so when the system is on the processing unit is also on

thanks for the quick reply, this seems like the issue!
Unfortunately a replacement processor unit is just over £40 on ebay.
Even if I bought it and it worked it would be a cheap psvr but there could be other faults!
I think I need to have a read up now to see if I can trouble shoot power issues within the box.

thanks for the quick reply, this seems like the issue!
Unfortunately a replacement processor unit is just over £40 on ebay.
Even if I bought it and it worked it would be a cheap psvr but there could be other faults!
I think I need to have a read up now to see if I can trouble shoot power issues within the box.

Could it be the power lead that’s faulty?

Could it be the power lead that’s faulty?
I hoped that but checked the leads with my multimeter and it is getting a current, checked some parts internally of the box and that seems to be getting power so stumped now?

I hoped that but checked the leads with my multimeter and it is getting a current, checked some parts internally of the box and that seems to be getting power so stumped now?

Are you getting a display to the vr headset? Just thinking, long shot that the box itself could be working but the light is not?

No its all dead. That's why I wanted to check if a light was on it to show that was working to give me somewhere to start.
I agree though, I did think if the light was not working but seems like a long shot but maybe?
I might need to buy a few bits to test and then resell to narrow down possibilities.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom