Question Tv Repair

GTeng

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Ive picked up a couple of faulty TV’s recently and thought they would be a simple fix but turns out I was wrong.

Is anyone on here handy at fixing tv’s or could point me in the right direction of a forum for help?

I’ve got a 55dx650 Panasonic that turns on but get no picture, backlight is definitely on and can see it changing when changing channel or pressing Netflix button, but still no display. Swapped out the main board but no joy. Would that point to a power board issue or tcon?

thanks in advance 😄

Hi guys,
Ive picked up a couple of faulty TV’s recently and thought they would be a simple fix but turns out I was wrong.

Is anyone on here handy at fixing tv’s or could point me in the right direction of a forum for help?

I’ve got a 55dx650 Panasonic that turns on but get no picture, backlight is definitely on and can see it changing when changing channel or pressing Netflix button, but still no display. Swapped out the main board but no joy. Would that point to a power board issue or tcon?

thanks in advance 😄

Like many things in today's world they are no longer constructed in ways that mean us lay people can repair them. In fact many television panels are so complex and expensive that when they become faulty the warranty just swaps out the entire set as it's not cost effective to repair them. I would cut your losses now, but wish you luck

Like many things in today's world they are no longer constructed in ways that mean us lay people can repair them. In fact many television panels are so complex and expensive that when they become faulty the warranty just swaps out the entire set as it's not cost effective to repair them. I would cut your losses now, but wish you luck

I've actually got a 49" dx650 that I repaired in a family members house that I butchered and stole the T con board from, and bingo the 55" is working fine now. So they have the 55" and I've ordered a new t con board for the 49".

There are a lot of repair videos on YouTube, would be worth a look,might give some ideas

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom