Question Two Harmonys, one Hub

finnfather

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
In this house, we have two Harmony remotes. An old 650(?) and a newer Touch. I can use the Touch with a Harmony Hub to control all the AV equipment in the house, whereas my wife's 650 is used for the TV, the Foxsat and the amp. It doesn't control our Roku, Blu-Ray player, or French TV box. If I got a Harmony Companion to replace the ancient 650 (which is losing the ability to change channels or the volume sometimes), would it work with the Hub I already have together with the Touch (both remotes registered to one hub)?

My wife really prefers the transport button layout on the 650 (and Companion), and I can't say I blame her. The centrally-positioned buttons are much better placed than the transport controls at the top of the Touch remote but the advantage of the old 650 is that it used Logitech's old installation software. This means that it can no longer be changed, and the remote will get less and less useful as we inevitably change our AV gear but for now, it works just fine. Can I have two remotes controlling the same gear, through the same Hub? I'm thinking perhaps yes on the same basis that I can have my smartphone and my Touch controlling the same stuff but I don't want to spend money if they are not going to work together.

B

It seems, upon further research, that it's not possible (although some people say I can have a Companion, a Touch and up, and a smartphone app). I'm not risking more than fifty quid to find out...

B

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom