Uber in London

There’s a saying that goes if you buy cheap you buy twice so I guess you get what you pay for
It’s not necessarily cheaper at all. To me that isn’t the reason I’m using it. Convenience, a nice vehicle and direct link to expensify are worth a lot to me. But hey each to their own.

There’s a saying that goes if you buy cheap you buy twice so I guess you get what you pay for
Have you tried it??

You get the fare estimate at the outset and can see driver , vehicle and his rating, which will give you a very good idea of what sort out person he is.

We as individuals and also our reps have been doing just what you say, sadly with little effect so far.

A point I would like to make is that this whole argument is not just Taxis Vs Uber, it’s actually Taxis/PH Vs Uber as it’s PH that have suffered far more than us. Think of how many high street minicab offices that have shut down.

Our biggest problem is the ability to move around freely partly due to the cycle lanes but also hugely to do with the explosion of the Uber PH side exploding from around 70,000 to nearly 120,000 in only around 5 years.
Bus lanes don't help? Or left right turns that are normally not permitted for other vehicles?

Bus lanes don't help? Or left right turns that are normally not permitted for other vehicles?

They help, but not as much as they used to due to the vast increase in PH vehicles.

Take a walk around Soho at night and you will get my drift.

They help, but not as much as they used to due to the vast increase in PH vehicles.

Take a walk around Soho at night and you will get my drift.
Surely you mean take a taxi around Soho at night :p You don’t want to do yourself out of a job :)

Have you tried it??

You get the fare estimate at the outset and can see driver , vehicle and his rating, which will give you a very good idea of what sort out person he is.

Well, I think everyone thought Ted Bundy was a lovely fella. Until he killed them of course

I am not financially trained, can’t even keep a pound coin in my pocket for more than a minute...

But as ignorant as I am regarding finances, I for one would be quite apprehensive about their float, think I would trust Pennywise more on his take on floating.....

Last week it was revealed the man arrested and charged with a terror related incident at Buckingham Palace worked for Uber.

Mohiussunnath Chowdhury allegedly attacked three police officers with a samurai sword while shouting 'Allahu akbar'.

Convicted. This is bizarre:

I recently jumped into a black cab at Charing Cross station, because it was easier then going online. I needed to get to Archway. On arrival the meter registered a few pence short of £40!
Unlike Uber, you don’t know how much your fare will be especially if you have to pay for time standing in traffic. (Northern line was closed and there was heavy traffic)
A week later, I got an Uber and the fare was £12.

Its worth mentioning the price differences because, although it’s obvious to anyone who uses London taxis, this most important advantage, never seems to mentioned very often. In the news it’s all about the million reasons you shouldn’t use Uber.

If you ask me, Black cabs are dead in the water if they continue to charge ridiculous prices.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom