UDM PRO - Unifi Protect cant connect on 4G

m11rphy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I know a few people have the UDMPro so was hoping someone might be able to help me out. Im trying to connect to unifi protect on 4G via my iPhone 11Pro when out the house but it keeps saying cant connect to dream machine pro, however I still get notifications and I can connect to Unifi controller on the UDM via 4G so not sure what the issue is, I can connect fine when on WIFI. could anyone offer some advise please?

For the purposes of aiding diagnosis - have you registered a DNS name on the public Internet and set up DDNS...? If not, how are determining what IP address to connect to using 4G?

For the purposes of aiding diagnosis - have you registered a DNS name on the public Internet and set up DDNS...? If not, how are determining what IP address to connect to using 4G?
I have not done this no, but should I need to? Im using the unified protect app the iPhone App Store. When at a friends house using their Wifi the app connects fine its only on 4g it doesn't work

Just tried another test, iPad Pro connected to 4g not wifi and then connected my iPhone to the iPad via mobile hotspot and then the app worked fine using the iPads 4g connection. this is so strange lol

Same SIM, same location?
Hand waving: Same APN?

Iphone 11 max and 2018 iPad Pro both on EE 4G and I get the following

iPhone 11 Pro on friend wifi : CAN connect to Unifi Protect
iPhone 11 Pro 4g : CAN NOT connect to Unifi Protect
iPhone 11 Pro connect to iPad Pros hot spot (iPad Pro on 4G with EE sim) : CAN connect to Unifi Protect
iPad Pro on 4G with EE sim : CAN connect to Unifi Protect

Thats a strange one. I have mine arriving this week so will be interesting to see if i have the same issue (iPhone 11 pro max)
Will let you know how I get on

Just a quick update that I have set up 8 cameras now in an Apple household and all macs and iOS devices work fine and really well. Hope you got it sorted?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom