Question Unable to sign into iCloud account on Mac Pro

Alps

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have a Mac Pro and am trying to setup a new user account for a colleague (I am the admin on this computer). I've given the user their password. But when they go in to their account and try and setup their iTunes account, once they've entered their existing iTunes username and password they get the following message "Enter the password for the Mac Pro "******'s Mac Pro" your password is encrypted and cannot be read by Apple".

However, the user entered their login password but that didn't work. I then entered my login password (as I'm the admin) but that didn't work. We are also now stuck as to what password should go in here?

We have now been locked out for signing in and there was no indication for how long we have been locked out.

Any help welcome.

I've never heard of that one before. Have you tried deleting and re-creating their user account? Maybe delete their account, change the admin password then re-create it?

What have you been locked-out of for signing-into exactly?

If its their iCloud account, can they still sign in to it on their phone/web etc?

Guys, I have a Mac Pro and am trying to setup a new user account for a colleague (I am the admin on this computer). I've given the user their password. But when they go in to their account and try and setup their iTunes account, once they've entered their existing iTunes username and password they get the following message "Enter the password for the Mac Pro "******'s Mac Pro" your password is encrypted and cannot be read by Apple".

However, the user entered their login password but that didn't work. I then entered my login password (as I'm the admin) but that didn't work. We are also now stuck as to what password should go in here?

We have now been locked out for signing in and there was no indication for how long we have been locked out.

Any help welcome.

try resetting and trying over

Guys, thanks for the replies and help... and apologies for the delayed reply.

@ascender I was locked out of being able to register for iTunes.

@ascender and @raigraphixs I logged back in and tried again and all seems to be working well. I've now registered and got a free 3 months Apple Music trial.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom