Uncharted (11th Feb 2022) directed by Ruben Fleischer

Rate me

• Total voters
A far cry from Holland's Spider-Man movies. Holland and Wahlburg aren't exactly big hitters at the box office, outside of their respected franchises (Spider-Man/Transformers.) I don't think a sequel is likely at this stage.

It wasn't the best of films and it wasn't the worst of films, I quite enjoyed it but the last 30 minutes were a bit tedious and stretched. It's a good family adventure film (quite rare nowadays) in the same line as National Treasure/Pirates etc;

Tom Holland just looks like a kid to me, hard to take him serious at all.

3.5/5

I find as the mehness of the film increases (it was ok overall) my annoyance at stupid things increases.

1. Drains, who installed them and did they not notice the giant ancient undiscovered catacombs beneath them.

2. The catacomb trail itself. Really?

3. The drowning scene. We will pan up and show you this amazingly technical CGI mechanism that, well, it just lets some water in, that's it.

4. Lighting, every undiscovered thing has lighting coming from somewhere, and that somewhere is generally quite public.

5. Oh no, we've lost our gold. Just go back to that mountain really quick where the other ship fell apart and nab a bit more.

6. The casting.....is there anything more to be said? It just doesn't work. Well, apart from younge Nate and Sam, which was actually pretty much spot on.

7. I know all films are full of silly stuff but, I found less to argue about in the ridiculous Moonfall than this.

I find as the mehness of the film increases (it was ok overall) my annoyance at stupid things increases.

1. Drains, who installed them and did they not notice the giant ancient undiscovered catacombs beneath them.

2. The catacomb trail itself. Really?

3. The drowning scene. We will pan up and show you this amazingly technical CGI mechanism that, well, it just lets some water in, that's it.

4. Lighting, every undiscovered thing has lighting coming from somewhere, and that somewhere is generally quite public.

5. Oh no, we've lost our gold. Just go back to that mountain really quick where the other ship fell apart and nab a bit more.

6. The casting.....is there anything more to be said? It just doesn't work. Well, apart from younge Nate and Sam, which was actually pretty much spot on.

7. I know all films are full of silly stuff but, I found less to argue about in the ridiculous Moonfall than this.

This reminds me of an Indiana Jones at the Last Crusade whinge

Who put that manhole there and did they not do any exploratory work?

"no my prob, guv. i just do drains"

is that not how drowning works?

Incredibly, that won me over. Went in with a very critical attitude, being a fan of the games, and while I initially had the daggers out up till at least the half way point, out my reservations seemed to melt away. Holland and Wahlberg seemed initially miscast but I began to warm to them too.

Very true to the spirit of the games, although not nearly as well written. Borrows very heavily from Uncharted 4, which is odd considering that is the last in the series and this is Nate’s first adventure. The back stories are all wrong though so this needs to be treated as an alternate universe to the game series. Set pieces were great fun too, ridiculous as they were. Again, very true to the source.

Biggest disappointment for me was Chloe. Not only was the actress pretty terrible, but her personality is highly watered down and bland. The ‘real’ Chloe is flirtatious, spunky and has mad chemistry with Nate (despite him only having eyes for Elena). She really needs a much cheekier personality than what we saw.
I liked the short haired girl though, she was stunning.
Started off wanting to give this a 4 but I’ve ended up at a respectable 6. Maybe even 6.5. I’d actually be up for another one, but I think the box office might have other ideas.

Anyone else spot the Nolan North cameo? Nice touch.

Hopefully catching this next week, before it leaves Imax.

I enjoyed it for what is was and it was great to see set pieces from the games but, in my very humble opinion, the casting was all wrong. Marky Mark as Sully in particular.

Watched this with a group of Cineworld Unlimited friends on Friday and none of us have played the Uncharted video games so guess it was wasted on us.

Just felt like a bad mixture of Da Vinci Code meets Fast & Furious meets Pirates of the Caribbean - 4/10

Not bad for a flop

Riding on the crest of No Way Home wave. I thought it was very clever to release it whilst Spider-man was still playing. Very shrewd from Sony.

Who gave this a 9?

Oh....

You can click on the magenta links on Polls to view members who voted - if option was selected when creating poll by op.

The troll poller once again is @richp007 😡🤣

There's something dodgy going on there. Get a mod in here :laugh:

If I'm messing about I always hit the 10 don't I, I wouldn't go for a meaningless 9. And I'm pretty sure I reviewed it at around a 7.

Someone's hacked my account and stitched me up!

There's something dodgy going on there. Get a mod in here :laugh:

If I'm messing about I always hit the 10 don't I, I wouldn't go for a meaningless 9. And I'm pretty sure I reviewed it at around a 7.

Someone's hacked my account and stitched me up!
Just change your vote to correct 👍

To 10 you mean? :D
AEAEE79F-278D-4416-BB00-15CC205DF156.gif

I thought it an enjoyable romp. Probably not who I'd have cast for either role to begin with but I think they managed to pull it off in the end.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom