Underwater Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Not keen on her, don't get the fan club element at all, the Movie, nothing new on any level, simply regurgitate what everyone else has done so much better already and hope it sells. 4 maybe 5 for me.
Strap line, underwater no one can hear you scream! sound familiar?

I really enjoyed this movie. Looked great in HDR on ATV4K too. 7 is a fair score and for me a pretty spot on review. The alternate ending was interesting too on the ATV4K if anyone picks it up.

I really enjoyed this movie. Looked great in HDR on ATV4K too. 7 is a fair score and for me a pretty spot on review. The alternate ending was interesting too on the ATV4K if anyone picks it up.

Thanks, agreed, I much prefer the Alternate Ending. I know the original ending was designed for impact, but I felt that the alternate one tied-in better to the skills exhibited at the outset.

Right from the beginning, she looked like she was REALLY good at fixing things, so it seemed like the broken pod was just asking for her skills, not merely her sacrifice. In fact, she could have saved the others (which was what was implied by the alternate ending) and set the platform to self-destructive and then fixed the pod to escape at the last minute. I'm not sure the film quite earned the sour ending, nor did I care that the others survived. I'm going to mentally retro-fit the alternate ending to my mind's version of the film going forward.

Agreed, good review, thanks - I enjoyed this on region A blu ray for what it is, solid B movie fare, done with conviction. I also still have Sea Fever to complete a jolly nautical double bill. I didnt know about the alternative ending, willl have to check the blu ray and see if its on there.

I really enjoyed this, didn't let up all the way through. I didn't know about the alternative ending, will have to see if I can find it.

Its a derivative,but decent genre movie.My biggest gripe is the PG13 rating.

It would be great if badges could be introduced that tell you immediately when and where these films or series can be seen. I know I’m getting old but at the top there is a list Sky, Amazon, Googgle Content steaming. etc - is it on all these or is that for SEO or something?
For those that just want to scan and look at the main score it isn‘t obvious....sorry if I’m being dense 😁

Does seem ridiculous, the film not being available on 4K is understandable as many films don't, but not getting a Blu-ray release here in the UK at all?

It flopped hard in cinema, I guess the studio just isn’t laying out anymore cash on it. Home viewing will be its natural home though.

The Blu Ray has an awesome Soundtrack. The Bass is superb.

Definitely the sort of movie that will find its audience at home. I do miss these sort of mid budget sci-fi B-movies that were 10 a penny in the 80's & 90's. An easy watch on Friday night after a takeaway and a few drinks.

Pretty good and worth a watch. Not a buy for me. Good effects and decent enough acting. Somehow loses the steam about half way through, as a lot of movies these days do..

I really liked it and I'll make a purchase when I see it in a deal.

Yes, UK is looking very much like an afterthought for some releases: I dont think Gretel and Hansel has a UK date yet but the blu ray came out last month in the states - mine's in the post.

Will the US disc work in U.K. players ?

Yes, UK is looking very much like an afterthought for some releases: I dont think Gretel and Hansel has a UK date yet but the blu ray came out last month in the states - mine's in the post.

Mediocre at best I’d give it a 5. A much older and better underwater monster flick I’d recommend is Deepstar Six.

I watched the trailer and just made the mental note: seen it all before. Then moved on. I know that's very judgmental, but I know an average re-tread when I see one, and who honestly has the time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom