Universal remotes compatible with Telewest Pace 4000 series?

J

jboyes

Has anyone managed to get a universal remote (apart from the All-for-one 's which I know do work) to work with a Telewest Pace 4000 series digibox?

I'm not having any joy when I try to do so with my Philips RU880 universal remote. My Pace stb is a DI 4000 - T.

I know that the Telewest 1000 and 2000 series will not work with most universal remotes (because of their non-standard IR setup), however I also know that the NTL Pace 4000 series do not have this problem and will work fine.

Thanks,

John

You might try having a look at Remote Central. I found them just before I was about to order a Pronto, and found out about the problems with the Pace 1000/2000 boxes from there (phew!!)

Thanks for the reply Darren.

I eventually managed to get my RU880 to pick up the Telewest program up and down and number buttons, and also the power button.

For anyone wondering how, eventually the RU880 accepted code 001 from an autosearch without crashing.

Apparantley the 4000 also use IRDA (for NTL anyway) but the 4001 does not which is not compatible in my area.

Darren

Don't let it put you off, I still bought one recently despite it not being be able to control my NTL Cable STB.

I'm well pleased with it.

2 remotes is still better than 6!

Thanks Kevo. I've recently got a TIVO which is able to control the channels on the NTL stb! I'm saving up to get a Pronto at the moment. Looks like the deal with Richer Sounds is the best one at the moment.

When I looked at www.richersounds.com it was priced at £188, no mention of any offers. I know it was on offer recently, maybe they've stopped it.

Anyway, I can HIGHLY recommend www.letsautomate.com
£140 inc p&p for 1mb version or £155 inc p&p for 2mb version (the one i went for)

I ordered it late last Thursday night and it arrived Sat morning. Now that's what I call fast delivery.

You won't regret it, I'm still playing around with it.
Download and install the software first and have a play around. It has an on screen emulator that you can try out.

www.pronto.philips.com

Go to www.remotecentral.com to download the software and custom config files which'll save you programming some/most of youe remotes yourself.

Good Luck!

Originally posted by Kevo
When I looked at www.richersounds.com it was priced at £188, no mention of any offers. I know it was on offer recently, maybe they've stopped it.

It's still £149 at richer sounds according to their ad in What Hifi this month. Buy the mag and point that out if they won't give you this price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom