Upgrade Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

hkrdan

Established Member
Reaction score
My ‘second system’ is an old Teac reference Ah500i amp and matching CD player. Currently using a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1’s with it.

My question is, with a budget of only around £200, is there a pair of bookshelf’s I can buy that would be a noticeable improvement on the 9.1’s?
Many thanks :)

Furthermore, unfortunately they will need to be placed in an Ikea kallax unit which for those who don’t know, basically means the speakers will be on a ‘boxed in’ shelf.

I appreciate the limitations of this setup, but I’d like to maximise sound quality as it’s a room I’ll be spending a fair amount of time in working from home.

For £200 I’d be looking at the QAcoustics Concept 20. Cracking little speaker.

For £200 I’d be looking at the QAcoustics Concept 20. Cracking little speaker.
not with the teac unit. the concepts are revealing and benefit from high quality ampage. eg cyrus 6

i would upgrade the teac unit.

Possibly. But that wasn’t what the OP asked.

I'd recommend the Dali Spektor 2. I'm using these in my bedroom system in a large Kallax and the wide dispersion characteristics of the Dali design means that they overcome this less than ideal positioning very well. I have positioned them right at the front of the shelf to avoid any immediate problems caused by the side panels of the Kallax sections.

I'm using mine with the Bluesound PowerNode 2i, but they should be reasonably kind to your TEAC for now and will respond well if/when you upgrade the electronics in the future.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom