Upgraded to v6. Are old recordings lost?

Mikeni77

Established Member
Reaction score
I've upgraded my TV and broadband but have a lot of unwatched recordings on my old box. Is there a way to retrieve these or are they lost as the box is now deactivated?

AFAIK the recordings will be lost......

I'm surprised VM haven't requested the old box back, they usually do. I had to return mine in the box that the new one came in, drop it at a local Collect+ store

It's 7 years old so it's ancient tech to them now.

I didn't think they'd be rescuable but doesn't hurt to ask. Will just have to keep an eye out for repeats. Shouldn't take long.

It's 7 years old so it's ancient tech to them now.

I didn't think they'd be rescuable but doesn't hurt to ask. Will just have to keep an eye out for repeats. Shouldn't take long.
FWIW when I upgraded to V6 we had the old TiVo installed upstairs in bedroom and can access it’s recordings in lounge via home network; Virgin Media waived installation cost but the offer we negotiated has expired so now paying £7.50 per month for multi-room.

FWIW when I upgraded to V6 we had the old TiVo installed upstairs in bedroom and can access it’s recordings in lounge via home network; Virgin Media waived installation cost but the offer we negotiated has expired so now paying £7.50 per month for multi-room.
Something to consider actually

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom