Upgrading Yamaha RX-V685 to a full 7.2.4 ATMOS possibility?

ark216

Novice Member
Hello everyone,
As the topic states i own a RX-V685 which is currently in a 7.1 setup, the receiver is ATMOS capable but can only do 5.1.2 (or a 5.2.2 not sure). Is there a possibility that by adding an external amplification i can add 4 more channel for ATMOS height effects. If so then how can that be achieved. I want an option that does not break my bank.I am sharing a picture which shows the rear/back panel of my receiver.I have heard that generally pre-outs are used to connect an external amplifier.

Help and guidance much appreciated.

Regards.

Attachments

gibbsy

Your receiver is limited to 5.1.2 in an Atmos configuration as it only has 7 channels of processing. For a 11 channel receiver that can do 7.1.4 out of the box then that receiver is going to be around three or four times the cost of the 685. The Denon X3600 has the ability to do 7.1.2 out of the box but would still need external amplification to allow for 7.1.4. Out of the box 7.1.4 falls into the realms of the £1800 Denon X6500.

igotek

Novice Member
Hi;
I have the same Yamaha Receiver. I have Bose Acoustimass 10 Seri V Speakers. I am using my setup as 5.1 and I want to use it as 5.1.2 for dolby atmos and DTS:X. I couldnt decide which speaker i should buy ? i will put the new 2 speakers to the toppest position left and right on the television wall.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom