UPVC patio window beading falling out

mpw2081

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hello and good evening can somebody help me please. I have sone used tall double glazed windows for a project. I bought the pair for a project.

Now I've tried to refit the glass with beading supplied. I've noticed that the top beading is falling out i presume they are all going to do that. Could this be to me not placing spaces in the frame for the glass or am I doing something wrong

Sorry they are in storage. The top beading from what my friend says is loose and won't stay in. He tried with glass in i would imagine whilst lying flat on floor.

He has confirmed there are no spacers in glass and slight movement

Right he says its the long beading which runs down each side of the internal frame thats loose. There is two window's I think he needs to try each beading on each window

On the opposite side of the glass you need either glazing foam tape or rubber wedge bead to push the glass against the removable wedges , hope that makes sense 👍

It’s probably the way you are trying to fit them. It’s hard to describe how to fit them. Look for a video on YouTube is probably the easiest way.

It’s probably the way you are trying to fit them. It’s hard to describe how to fit them. Look for a video on YouTube is probably the easiest way.

they certainly can be wee tricky beasts 😳

Most people who have never fitted them before will probably try to push them in on a angle instead of flat against the glass.

Used to need soft faced hammers to fit them years ago and fingers off steel to push the wedge in 😳

Use a deadblow hammer with hard rubber/plastic face to knock them into place - once the first bit of each bead 'clips' into place the remainder of that bead should tap in easily

Use a deadblow hammer with hard rubber/plastic face to knock them into place - once the first bit of each bead 'clips' into place the remainder of that bead should tap in easily

or you may need to start at both ends and work towards the middle and we still don’t know if they are wedge or tape .....

Not sure got message last night my friend said he had done it. Maybe application trying to put them back in

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom