USA - racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see this thread back open while the protest are still on going. Maybe change the the thread title to reflect the protests happening over here.

View attachment 1313749

*CNN website does future the story.
Yep I heard about that and the criminal or criminals who did that will likely be caught and "successfully" prosecuted as they should be. But up until recently, could the same be said about the Police who murdered unarmed civilians?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not I think the introduction of body cams and social media leads to alot more Police Officer facing justice for unlawful killing.

Probably not I think the introduction of body cams and social media leads to alot more Police Officer facing justice for unlawful killing.
Unless they've tuned them off. What's incredible is the level of police brutality on display DESPITE the social media and body cams.

The American Police have always used alot more force against suspects than their European counter parts mainly due to the violent nature and gun culture over their. Even car, they can just ram a car from the road while of Police have to get permission over the radio from a commanding officer before they can do the same.

Hopefully, thanks to this BLM movement, Times they are a'changing.
@Marv is right that a lot of it is to do with Body cams and social media. Remember Rodney King. Not exactly a fine upstanding citizen but they battered him. BLM has been demonised on these very forums. The prevailing narrative was they are domestic terrorists and All Lives Matter which of course was a deliberate misinterpretation of what BLM was about. But as explained above, all BLM means is Back Lives should Matter or when will Black Lives Matter as much as Blue ones? They knew exactly what it meant and twisted it anyway.

Hopefully, thanks to this BLM movement, Times they are a'changing.

Yep there a'changing. Killing innocent people, pulling down statues, looting, robbing and maiming, throwing bricks, bottles, bikes at police officers and their horses, desecrating war memorials all in the name of BLM.

People have the right to protest peacefully but unfortunately there's the mindless minority who resort to criminal acts and mob mentality

And what was Joshua thinking? He's not the sharpest tool in the box is he?

On the news on Friday it said protests could get worse with people loosing their jobs due to Corona and having nothing to do so they come out protesting.

So much anger and destruction for something that has happened in another country, which seems for some as an excuse to go out and cause as much damage as possible.
I wonder if, when this is over, the same protesters will vent their frustration and anger at the Saudi and Chinese governments.

I think I already know the answer though.

Yep there a'changing. Killing innocent people, pulling down statues, looting, robbing and maiming, throwing bricks, bottles, bikes at police officers and their horses, desecrating war memorials all in the name of BLM.
In the name of possibly. But not the protestors doing it fortunately.

On the news on Friday it said protests could get worse with people loosing their jobs due to Corona and having nothing to do so they come out protesting.

Oh dear, remember what happened when Mark Duggan was lawfully killed? hope things don't escalate

A perfect storm.
The familiar story of an unarmed black man being gunned down but this time by white vigilantes. Meanwhile the state prosecutor deliberately tried to cover it up. The Covid 19 lockdown has stressed people out and people are loosing their jobs. Of course it didn't help when the elites were seen breaking those same restrictions. Then in front of the cameras for the world to see , an unarmed black man, was asphyxiated by a knee across his throat, with the murderer looking directly into the camera.

Not sure I’d want the “defund the police” to catch on in the uk, as it seems to be in the USA (well anymore than they have been cut already)

remember what happened when Mark Duggan was lawfully killed?
No disrespect to you, but I hate that phrase.

Laws change all the time - what was once unlawful can become lawful (like homosexuality).

Lawful killings feel like a closing of ranks and a cover up by the Establishment and this is a classic example:

But I agree, I also hope things don't escalate here too.

Not sure I’d want the “defund the police” to catch on in the uk, as it seems to be in the USA (well anymore than they have been cut already)
I don't pretend for a second that there aren't racist Police in the UK like those we see in the US. I've seen black people being pulled over for driving a nice car. The SUS laws were racist by design.
But the police here are in general better trained and better educated. It helps that they don't carry guns by default. Personally I have had nothing but cordial and fair dealings with police officers my whole life. Maybe I've been one of the lucky ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom