USA - racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
EF3B18DE-5CE3-4221-84FF-15AD8306972A.jpeg

The KKK is next on your list right, Don?
Right?!

No chance. Trump daren't hurt his brand and go after his own fanbase.

Having watched more than a handful of videos this morning of the riots, safe to say they have what's coming to them. Looting, arson, attacks, 2nd Amendment protection, its turning into a warzone. Now Trump is deploying the Army.

So having failed to put the racial tension fires out by adding kindling and wood, Trump is now going to try adding petrol.

Putting troops on the street to kill his own people will show all those who think he's a Fascist.

So having failed to put the racial tension fires out by adding kindling and wood, Trump is now going to try adding petrol.

Putting troops on the street to kill his own people will show all those who think he's a Fascist.

So Obama would do what exactly?

Edit. To add, racial tensions? This isn't the LA riots, this is not Brixton, this is not blacks against the system, this is an excuse to loot, steal, attack, whatever is out there.

In what way?

Really?

Comparing a two bit backwards group of racist hicks that have zero power to an organisation funded by the elite to cause havoc wherever possible, in the name of far-left, anti-fascism?

We should ban ANTIFA in the UK as well.

Really?

Comparing a two bit backwards group of racist hicks that have zero power to an organisation funded by the elite to cause havoc wherever possible, in the name of far-left, anti-fascism?

We should ban ANTIFA in the UK as well.
And what harm is there in labelling the KKK and other white supremacy groups (as we do in the UK - eg National Action) as terrorist organisations, especially as it’s true?

And what harm is there in labelling the KKK and other white supremacy groups (as we do in the UK - eg National Action) as terrorist organisations, especially as it’s true?

No harm whatsoever, and they should be labelled as such. But, you can't compare the two.

Can't we keep to the topic that is George Floyd and the resulting unrest. There is already a 'Trump's fault' thread alive and well going down that route.

And what harm is there in labelling the KKK and other white supremacy groups (as we do in the UK) as terrorist organisations, especially as it’s true?

Because the KKK (scum that they are) aren't continually on the streets rioting, assaulting and threatening people. Antifa seem to be a permanent fixture on the streets of the US and they are mobilised and doing a lot of damage. Has there been any recent terrorist activity coming from the Klan recently?

Because the KKK (scum that they are) aren't continually on the streets rioting, assaulting and threatening people. Antifa seem to be a permanent fixture on the streets of the US and they are mobilised and doing a lot of damage. Has there been any recent terrorist activity coming from the Klan recently?
Ban them both. 2 for 1.

What's caused the rioting and looting is a man being unlawfully killed by an officer.
Followed by the inadequate response to that event.

How was it inadequate? The officers were fired literally the following day, and criminal charges were brought within days. "the fastest in US history" according to one lawyer. You're talking as is Trump personally ordered the arrest and let the cops off scott free.

How was it inadequate? The officers were fired literally the following day, and criminal charges were brought within days. "the fastest in US history" according to one lawyer. You're talking as is Trump personally ordered the arrest and let the cops off scott free.
They’re calling for harsher charges for the main suspect Chauvin (which I agree with), & also for the other officers to be charged with murder.
I’m a bit torn with that one actually. From the criminal complaint, one of them twice asked if they could roll Floyd over, & another one checked his pulse & was concerned about his welfare.

There should be consequences for their complicitness/inaction to save him, but I’m not entirely comfortable with them being charged with murder, which implies intent on their part (of course only basing this on what is recorded on the criminal complaint currently)...

This may also be the reason why they’ve not filed charges against the other 3 officers yet as it’s definitely not as clear cut as for Chauvin.

Just military police isn't it? The President doesn't have the power to deploy US Troops in his own soil I thought.

Could be. A video on FB shows non police APC's on the streets.

Everyone's a little bit racist.......

They should play this in schools and on social media for more to understand.

Video showing the timeline of the events leading to George Floyd's death broken down by the NY Times. A cop with a history of complaints against him with his knee on Floyd's neck for almost 9 minutes as he begged saying he couldn't breathe. Watching the vid it's hard to come to any other conclusion than he was murdered

I can’t help but feel this rioting will only making things much much worse for years to come, as the innocent people caught up in this on both sides of racial divide will we hold resentment for years to come.

For example, I saw on the news today some protesters outside a burning small shop and the they said to the reporter “it’s our right to burn it down, because we are angry”. Another pointed at a burning car outside a house and said it’s ok because they know the owner is white. And they are calling for an end to racism?

Video showing the timeline of the events leading to George Floyd's death broken down by the NY Times. A cop with a history of complaints against him with his knee on Floyd's neck for almost 9 minutes as he begged saying he couldn't breathe. Watching the vid it's hard to come to any other conclusion than he was murdered

Of course he was. And no doubt for me it was racially motivated.

I watched a shortened version of the video and then the full video. The way Chauvin looked down on him at times as if he was nothing, even when he was basically begging for his life - and continued kneeling on him even after he lost consciousness. No decent human being does that. Regardless of how bad a day they may have been having. Handcuffed and basically at death's door, Floyd was no threat whatsoever.

And I don't believe for a moment that Chauvin would have knelt for that long on a suspect (certainly when they proceeded to lose consciousness), if they were white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom