USA - racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im entitled to my opinion as is everyone else.

Can anyone prove anything thats been said in the whole thread??? Probably not.

Ah - the usual bullshit "but you can't prove it's not true!" defense. Despite you admitting that you just made it up.

It doesn't affect me in the slightest in any way shape or form.

Racism is racism, people use the term to stop a conversation, to enable the fear factor, to get a job when under qualified, to get into politics by using the race card.

For years they've been abused, colonised, enslaved, murdered, beaten etc etc etc. But is this My fault? Is this My generations fault? NO it isn't. Is it the fault of the shopkeeper or the hgv driver, or the policeman at number 22? NO ITS IS NOT.

I hate saying this but my family live in Cayman. My uncle is black, aunties, Nephew's Niece's all black. My wife is Asian, my son is mixed race. I've seen racism so many times, its tedious, abhorrent and it makes you feel sh*t.

So. What am I fearful of?

Antifa
Muslim Extremists
White extremiats
The media
Spiders.

Now I am totally confused (see what I've put in bold).

As for people disabusing a term such as racism to get what they want, does that make it ok for you or me to criticise everyone that uses it, whether they ought to or not, or for us to assume the worst when they do use it?

When you ask rehetorically if the abuse that black people suffer is your fault or your generation's fault and then say no, it isn't.....

IMO historic abuse isn't but then I don't believe they (BLM) are claiming that it is (possibly a minority might be but every movement attracts similar fringes). However, existing abuse, if we turn a blind eye to it, or shout it down as being false without investigating properly, then yes, we are complicit in it.

If the EDL was at this level of protest for days on end, burning shops, looting, beating people and targeting the police. They would no doubt be a banned organisation and as far as i'am aware EDL protest never get to the scale of the current BLM and George Floyd protests.

That said EDL is in the UK while BLM is mainly in the states and some larger European citys so will be dealt with differently with regards to the law.

This comparison of the EDL with BLM is not helpful (not blaming you for it).

The EDL is a political organisation with far right leanings that are vocally and proudly anti-muslim and anti-immigrant. They want to reduce people's freedoms.

The BLM movement is a loose affiliation of various groups under one banner. They want to raise awareness of the injustices black people suffer (particularly in the USA) due to inherent systemic racism in the mechanisms, procedures and organisations that we live under and control our lives. They want to enhance people's freedoms.

With that video, where are the police?
I'll tell you where they are, they are a few streets away tear gassing protestors.

You know that how? Are you linked into the police operations centre?

Not sure whether you are just making a funny remark but you have presented it as if that is substantiated fact.

Cheers,

Nigel

[QUOTEIMO historic abuse isn't but then I don't believe they (BLM) are claiming that it is (possibly a minority might be but every movement attracts similar fringes). However, existing abuse, if we turn a blind eye to it, or shout it down as being false without investigating properly, then yes, we are complicit in it.
[/QUOTE]
We differ here, it seems to me that it’s very much a requirement from Blm, white liberals, media, that any white person mush apologise for being born white and for all oppression that happened to poc and none of the white deaths matter at all.

There was massive media coverage. At the time. And will be when the trial starts.
And it's not a white girl murdered by a non white person, but this is now the latest bullshit islamist terrorist conspiracy theory in far-right circles, virtually identical to that of the three boys killed by a drunk hit and run driver, pushed by James Goddard and his Yellow Vest thugs along with the EDL/BNP/BF and a few kippers.

This thread now is just more worrying evidence of the number of people who are influenced by right-wing media, and the trash that acts as the mouthpiece for the likes of Trump and co.

Otherwise we wouldn't have ever gotten so strongly onto the likes of the EDL, nor would we be talking so much about the rioting and looting.

The vast majority of people are protesting peacefully, and exercising their right to do so.

Having watched the video, the pressure point compliance and control restraining technique is well established. However it is not meant to be used for minutes at a time, otherwise people die. It's quite clear the police are abusing the powers they have been given to apprehend suspects.

Although i fail to understand why destroying the neighbourhoods and cities is going to put an end to feelings of historic oppression or Is indeed an appropriate response to the situation.

The convergence of femimism with racism is also a false equivalance, one is a western construct where quite clearly the other is a universal form of prejudice.

I just don't understand the anger and upset being expressed by people on here against the black community and others for their protests in America. By all means denounce the violence that's taking place there.

I'll ask you (@Wahreo @StefanBFC @danmc_82 @BB3Lions @Saldawop @Tempest) what you are all so afraid of that you don't appear to believe that black people can have the exact same as what you have without you losing something in return. It's all that they are protesting about. Equality from the systems that govern theirs and your lives.

Is this a question?

I just don't understand the anger and upset being expressed by people on here against the black community and others for their protests in America. By all means denounce the violence that's taking place there.

I'll ask you (@Wahreo @StefanBFC @danmc_82 @BB3Lions @Saldawop @Tempest) what you are all so afraid of that you don't appear to believe that black people can have the exact same as what you have without you losing something in return. It's all that they are protesting about. Equality from the systems that govern theirs and your lives.

Fear - It's the only explanation I can think of as to why you're putting forward the arguments you are posting.

And if you think they can have what they want without you losing what you have, then why are you so angry about it? Why aren't you helping them to get it? Why are you questioning what they're doing?

Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

Sorry, but I don;t even understand the problem you are mentioning, or are in some way reading posts, by myself anyway, in a way there ware not intended.

I'm pretty sure I have never said, nor do I recall anyone else here saying that:
"you don't appear to believe that black people can have the exact same as what you have without you losing something in return"

Where did that come from?
I want and feel everyone should have the same rights, opportunity, laws to abide by, not discriminated against, in EITHER direction, and if you break rules/laws etc, then you should have the same punishment? applied to you.
Isn't that what we all want?

I don't personally thing, any event that happened 50/100+ years ago should alter any of those points.
I don't want to see any negative black/Asian/anything things in society.
Likewise I don't wish to see anything specifically pro a particular race either.

Don't use history to excuse racism today and try and say it's no racism as that term only applies when we want it to.
Let's treat everyone equal.

Likewise, if you are part of a culture, or a group then you need to man up, take responsibility and sort yourself out, whatever race you are from.

I feel sorry for GOOD police as they have a terrible job and get tarnished and blamed for the actions of the bad few.

It's an emotive subject (best to not get involved!) as views are very entrenched.

Fear - It's the only explanation I can think of as to why you're putting forward the arguments you are posting.

And if you think they can have what they want without you losing what you have, then why are you so angry about it? Why aren't you helping them to get it? Why are you questioning what they're doing?

Don't be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

What anger? Its all in your head. People have a right to peaceful protest. They do not have the right to loot, maim and kill because they suspect someone was killed because of their colour without someone been found guilty in a court of law.

What fear? It does not make a difference what colour skin you have, if you want to achieve in life you will.

I support BLM in principle but I am dubious about their ultimate goals as an organisation. They have made some pretty far fetched demands now and in the past, that include International sanctions against the United States, multi-billion dollar 'reparations' program for people of colour; releasing African Americans from jail, and calls for white people to give away their property and possessions to people of colour. That to me says they want to go beyond equal treatment to a complete social reconstruction based on 'evening the score'.

Race-baiting rent-a-mob Antifa are worse though. Encourgaging black kids to brick cops, flip ambulances, and set fire to their own neighbourhoods. Ive even heard of white members turning against black people who dont support them. All under the guise of righteousness. Pack of c u next tuesdays.

Valid statement. Can you back up anything you have said with hard evidence?

In this thread the only thing I've said that needs "evidence" was stating that you were making shit up. I proved this by quoting a post of yours where you admitted that you were making shit up.

In this thread the only thing I've said that needs "evidence" was stating that you were making sh*t up. I proved this by quoting a post of yours where you admitted that you were making sh*t up.

Yeh, thats exactly what I said :rolleyes: Your in make believe land.

Not one thing in this thread (Appart from personal experience) can be proven by any of us. This is all conjecture and/or personnal opinion.

You said I'm making stuff up! PROVE IT. I said I have no evidence, doesnt mean I made it up.

....this thread is only gonna end up one way.

In, 3.....2......1....... and.........
1591196065650.png

You said I'm making stuff up! PROVE IT. I said I have no evidence, doesnt mean I made it up.

You stated that you'd bet that most of the looters were from the Black Lives Matter movement. And you've said that you have no evidence on this. This is the same thing as making it up.

Unless you'd care to share what your "observations" of the people involved in the looting were?

You stated that you'd bet that most of the looters were from the Black Lives Matter movement. And you've said that you have no evidence on this. This is the same thing as making it up.

Unless you'd care to share what your "observations" of the people involved in the looting were?

Ok, I'll change my wording. I bet most ARE either BLM/Antifa.

(Although the account was more than likely fake, it still goes to show whats going on and being said)

4A436B5C-67CD-4021-A51D-A3E2D2F6B464.thumb.png.06c99670fc563c16666ed6d415a2c9f6.png

I'm not going to post in this thread again for the immediate future as I dont want it to be locked.

I've said all I have to say.

@rustybin I'm covering my own back by making that statement. The account was deleted so it would be inappropriate for me to say the account was 100% legit.

Ok, I'll change my wording. I bet most ARE either BLM/Antifa.

(Although the account was more than likely fake, it still goes to show whats going on and being said)

View attachment 1311427

So you're posting an account that by your own admission is likely to be fake as evidence of what your head thinks is going on? Seriously?

This thread now is just more worrying evidence of the number of people who are influenced by right-wing media, and the trash that acts as the mouthpiece for the likes of Trump and co.

Otherwise we wouldn't have ever gotten so strongly onto the likes of the EDL, nor would we be talking so much about the rioting and looting.

The vast majority of people are protesting peacefully, and exercising their right to do so.

Seconding this. Too many people on this thread are using this as an excuse for their favourite arguments. I hoped it would be a chance to listen to people's real-life experiences (and there have been a few eye-openers on this thread) but too many have responded as Trump has - looking for villains "on both sides" or engaging in "yes, but" arguments.

I think I'm going to back away now, myself.

There are parts of the US police system which are truly dysfunctional and corrupt, hand in glove with parts of the political process. Not all, and not everywhere, but enough to mean that some hard questions need to be answered.

This is a good primer on the frankly jaw-dropping types of things that happen:

This is also mind boggling:

I support BLM in principle but I am dubious about their ultimate goals as an organisation. They have made some pretty far fetched demands now and in the past, that include International sanctions against the United States, multi-billion dollar 'reparations' program for people of colour; releasing African Americans from jail, and calls for white people to give away their property and possessions to people of colour. That to me says they want to go beyond equal treatment to a complete social reconstruction based on 'evening the score'.

Race-baiting rent-a-mob Antifa are worse though. Encourgaging black kids to brick cops, flip ambulances, and set fire to their own neighbourhoods. Ive even heard of white members turning against black people who dont support them. All under the guise of righteousness. Pack of c u next tuesdays.

As for BLM making claims, who claims to speak for them as one coherent organisation? Do thy have a leader, a spokesperson, a membership? I'd love to know who that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom