Question USB-C Monitor for a MacBook Pro

Not yet no. Still looking. Best found really is a Dell one with no speakers, but they sell a speaker attachment for it, but I’m unsure.
What is holding you back? As I said I've been using this for years, I've linked to several, and the offices I worked in a full of them.

Here is a “normal” 27” one. A lot of my colleagues use those with their macs.

LG 27UL850 27-inch 4K UHD Vesa DisplayHDR 400 IPS Monitor (3840 x 2160, 2x HDMI, DisplayPort, USB-C, 350 cd/m2, 5ms, AMD Radeon Freesync, Height Adjustable) White LG 27UL850 27-inch 4K UHD Vesa DisplayHDR 400 IPS Monitor (3840 x 2160, 2x HDMI, DisplayPort, USB-C, 350 cd/m2, 5ms, AMD Radeon Freesync, Height Adjustable) White: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Also dell do a speaker mount that you can attach to the base. Plug it into the monitor normal usb and you have a speaker.

I had one of these on my previous dell monitor.

Interesting thread. I have a new MacBook Pro 16 inch currently connected to a pretty cheap AOC 24 inch IPS 1080p HD monitor. It's OK. But as I use it every day all day for work I'd value a little extra screen estate and resolution so have been exploring 27 inch options with USB-C charging pass through. Don't need speakers as I'm happy with the internal speakers on the MacBook Pro 16. Don't need webcam as I use a Logitech Brio 4K webcam for conference calls. So I just need a bigger, better screen. The LG UltraFine 5K displays are overly expensive. I reckon a LG 27 inch 4K would be suitable for my needs, and the one you link to above looks a decent option. I'll keep an eye on this thread for any further tips before buying.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I've been using a 27" LG 4K screen for years, its great to have a single-cable solution and I use a bluetooth speaker so its a nice tidy setup.

I've been using a 27" LG 4K screen for years, its great to have a single-cable solution and I use a bluetooth speaker so its a nice tidy setup.

Which one do you use? And can it power the MacBook Pro 16 to your knowledge? Thx.

I have both the LG27UL850 (not sure why OP thinks it is discontinued (make sure you get the right region) though they do swap models each year or so) and the Ultrafine 4K both are great and charge my MBP Octo core 15.

One thing to watch on USB powered speakers is the "cleanliness" of the power supply. I powered an HP speaker equivalent to the Dell ones off my HP monitor and there was noticeable interference (hiss) and noise on the speakers. I tried it with another identical model monitor and still the same. Powering them off a Apple? power charger had no such issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom