Usb hub controlling multipe computers

MAR5HM3LL0W

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I need some advice...

I need hardware not software.
I want to use 1 mouse, and 1 keyboard, to do the exact same clicking on multiple computers...

Like can I plug a mouse into a USB, and then that USB into 4 comps, and all do the same action?

I've tried searching online but its way over my head!

Any advice ? =)

Thanks in advance!

USB wasn't designed to work that way and has no provision for allowing multiple computers to interact with a single peripherals.

You're not going to find a standard reverse-hub. There would simply be all manner of unresolvable conflicts, causing overwritten data and all sorts of other headaches.

You might find something specific to keyboard and mouse though. They're fairly simply devices that require minimal feedback from the computer so the potential conflicts could probably be dealt with or ignored.

Likely some sort of special purpose niche device though, so I don't know what it'd be called.

What are you trying to achieve? There may be a better way of doing things.

Hi, it just so happens that due to the lockdown I've had to find such devices for some individuals. There are actually a fair few out there which switch from 2 to 4 pc's that I found quite easily.

I bought a few but here is a link to them below but are plenty others, and actually they are very affordable and work exceptionally well. They switch 4 in 2 out so you can have 4 USB deivces with 2 computers.

Amazon product ASIN B01N6GD9JO
Just do an Amazon search on "usb switch 4 computers" and you get a host of products hat you can choose from. Just remember if your switch something like a printer, you will need them installed with drivers etc on both PC's, mice and keyboards that plug and play are a doddle.

Hi, it just so happens that due to the lockdown I've had to find such devices for some individuals. There are actually a fair few out there which switch from 2 to 4 pc's that I found quite easily.

I bought a few but here is a link to them below but are plenty others, and actually they are very affordable and work exceptionally well. They switch 4 in 2 out so you can have 4 USB deivces with 2 computers.

Amazon product ASIN B01N6GD9JO
Just do an Amazon search on "usb switch 4 computers" and you get a host of products hat you can choose from. Just remember if your switch something like a printer, you will need them installed with drivers etc on both PC's, mice and keyboards that plug and play are a doddle.

I'm not sure that's what the OP wants.

He wants a device that he can press a key on a USB keyboard and it does the same thing on 4 PCs.
The item in your link only does one computer at once and you press the button to switch to another PC.

I'm not sure that's what the OP wants.

He wants a device that he can press a key on a USB keyboard and it does the same thing on 4 PCs.
The item in your link only does one computer at once and you press the button to switch to another PC.
Ah I misunderstood his post. Thanks.

There's some software solutions that might work with a bit of fiddling. Tight VNC and Synergy are 2 that come to mind.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom