Used 5.1 speakers rec for smallish room

luckycharms

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I want to buy a used 5.1 speaker setup (or assemble one from bits) for a smallish room. I have an Onkyo TX-SR393, and will be watching movies and listening to music. My budget is around £300. Wondering if there are any suggestions for systems that can be found used, perhaps with a bit of searching? I’ve seen various Kef systems on eBay, which perhaps I could stretch my budget for, but concerned they’d be a bit much for my little space. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Allie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 34
I'd say that if you can find an extra £50, then the Wharfedale MovieStar DX-2 HCP 5.1 speaker package is on offer at the moment. It would be a good partner to go with your Onkyo AV Receiver. Thankfully the speakers are not massive although they are larger than some. The issue with many of the smallest speaker systems is they usually carry a premium. If you're looking for something smaller, you could look at the Mission M-Cubes, again a little over your budget, but should have any compatible issues with your Onkyo and should certainly disappear in the room

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom