Used Panasonic pt-ae3000, bargain (200£), but dust on the lense

nilloviz

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I found a good offer for an used Panasonic PT-AE3000. It's only 200£, but the owner says that it has dust on the lense and that the Panasonic shop couldn't remove it.

Do you think it could be worth giving it a try? Anyone have any experience with this kind of problem? It could be a real steal, if fixable.

nilloviz said:
Hello everybody,

I found a good offer for an used Panasonic PT-AE3000. It's only 200£, but the owner says that it has dust on the lense and that the Panasonic shop couldn't remove it.

Do you think it could be worth giving it a try? Anyone have any experience with this kind of problem? It could be a real steal, if fixable.

I would talk to Panasonic, I'm sure they would be able to remove it. How many hours are on it?

I agree, surely that's possible. Also could he mean dust blobs? If so they should be easier to get rid of.

I just talked with the owner. He said that he tried 2 different panasonic service centres. He was told that the dust was caught between two object glasses and they would have to be changed which would be extremely costly. :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom