Valve trying to reinvent the English language

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Valve seem to be redefining the English language

Anyone see the problem with this marketing?

store.steampowered.com

Save 91% on Valve Complete Pack on Steam

Don't get me wrong I don't blame valve for not putting their flagship title in a £10 pack but saying it is the valve complete pack but actually NOT putting in their titles which are actually made in the last 5 years completely and deliberately dishonest. (On a par with ubisoft who changed the content of their Wildlands gold edition - the marketing of the gold edition all stated it contained the season pass Inc the link to the details from the purchase page BUT when I bought it it was not in there. I was refused a refund )

Yes I believe generally in caveat emptor BUT I dunno about you but I often pick up a bargain but don't actually look at it for months. It would not be unreasonable for people to think they were getting HLA for a bargain price and only realise valve had ripped them off after the 2 week refund period.

Complete pack, my arse.

Last edited:
I dunno about you but I often pick up a bargain but don't actually look at it for months. It would not be unreasonable for people to think they were getting HLA for a bargain price and only realise valve had ripped them off after the 2 week refund period.
Why would you not check what was in there in the first place.

In this scenario i'd go 'Wonder if HLA is in this bundle' check it, see its not, then not bother.

Why would you not check what was in there in the first place.

In this scenario i'd go 'Wonder if HLA is in this bundle' check it, see its not, then not bother.
But it's in the title. Valve complete pack. Is HLA a valve game? If it is then by the very definition of valve complete pack then that really should be all the due diligence needed. TBH I know some things can be open to interpretation but this one seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I mean the English language would have read better for me.

But it's in the title. Valve complete pack. Is HLA a valve game? If it is then by the very definition of valve complete pack then that really should be all the due diligence needed. TBH I know some things can be open to interpretation but this one seems pretty cut and dry to me.
You're purchasing something, why on earth wouldn't you look at it regardless of the title! Especially as its a pack. Surely everyone would look at what is actually in the pack?

I didn't buy it because I DID look but that is not the point. I don't think it is ok to miss sell goods. But hey ho I doubt we are going to agree on this so will just have to agree to disagree.

I think both points are valid. It should be worded correctly and you should check. But if it's complete it should be fair to say its complete!

Didn't this happen with Grand Theft Auto a few years back? "Complete Collection" or something, and it was missing a game or two.

I think this bundle has existed for a while and at the time of its creation likely was 'complete', I don't think Valve are intentionally trying to fleece anyone. Artifact isn't in there either. Really odd they stuck The Lab in there when it's free.

It probably needs a title revision though. Complete Pack 20xx or maybe Valve Classics.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom