Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage (15th October 2021) Andy Serkis

So now I've seen the end credits scene on youtube I can happily not watch it :)

No wonder Sony want to join the Spider-verse to the Marvel-verse because other than Into The Spider-Verse there own stuff has been poor.
I can’t imagine they’re overly concerned with the content whilst the $$$$ are coming in.

How long can they go on making poor movies before the audience stop buying tickets to see them? Word of mouth is a powerful thing and the way the tide is turning on Venom it could impact Morbius and whatever else is next. They need good storytellers and not leave it to actors to write the script (which apparently Hardy was doing) Just because they can ride on the coat tails of the Marvel name they shouldn't get lazy.

I'm sure Feige is never happy when they produce bad movies and stick the Marvel name on the film and trailers, it must frustrate him no end.

How long can they go on making poor movies before the audience stop buying tickets to see them? Word of mouth is a powerful thing and the way the tide is turning on Venom it could impact Morbius and whatever else is next. They need good storytellers and not leave it to actors to write the script (which apparently Hardy was doing) Just because they can ride on the coat tails of the Marvel name they shouldn't get lazy.

I'm sure Feige is never happy when they produce bad movies and stick the Marvel name on the film and trailers, it must frustrate him no end.
It’s doing really well, they probably green light part 3 soon.

Lot's of bad movies make money. It seems all anyone cares about right now is the money. I hope they enjoy it while they can.

I was disappointed and I don't read the source material, so I can only image how the comic fans feel these characters are being treated now they're getting proper time on the big screen.

A while yet it seems :smoke:

A while yet it seems :smoke:

Bad movies make money all the time but it always ends up to be diminishing returns when they continue the franchise. They spend more to make them and promote them. Sometimes earning more than the previous entry but the return is less on the investment. That's why they reboot stuff to try and regain the original level of box office return. Spider-Man is an example, 1 & 2 do really well the 3rd is a mess but makes more money, however everyones salaries increase along with production costs etc. So they rebooted with a cheap Director and new cast who are cheap to employ. The studio have more 'creative' control to keep the costs down too. The result was an okay movie but not a great movie however they made more money over all. After Amazing Spider-Man 2 they were thinking of rebooting again and got together with Marvel and things seem to be okay at the moment.

Lots of people were saying Venom 2 was not as good as the first one, which means they will be less likely to see another. However as it is heavily rumoured that Spider-Man will be in the next movie they may turn it around this time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom