Vertere DG-1 Turntable Review & Comments

Hmmm, affordable? Maybe to some, but for all it’s obvious ingenuity and probably technical advances and great sound, I really couldn’t see me spending those sums of money on it. I’d save for a Xerxes personally, it’s still my holy grail turntable. Thanks for the excellent review, it’s interesting to read about new products even if they don’t float my own boat.

Sure, the "affordable" 🙄 turntable does perform, but it seems that it's more about style and being a conversation piece. Will it be available in day-glo colors as well? 😜

£2,750 for a belt-drive (and pivoted arm)? Seems like a lot of money to not actually solve the technical limitations of an inherently compromised design. At this price, it's up against the Technics SL-1200G, and frankly I would expect the Technics to thrash it.

That design will clearly split people into a love/hate divide, and I think it's possibly the ugliest turntable I've ever seen.

£2,750 for a belt-drive (and pivoted arm)? Seems like a lot of money to not actually solve the technical limitations of an inherently compromised design. At this price, it's up against the Technics SL-1200G, and frankly I would expect the Technics to thrash it.

Having lived with both, it doesn't. The Technics has greater pitch stability, no question but that arm on the DG-1 has some exceptional properties and, as a complete turntable, it is exceptionally quiet- quieter than the 1200-G sample I had.

Thanks for the review, great to hear Touraj is still designing Turntables I didn’t know he had started a new company. I’ve had a number of turntables and the Xerxes I’ve owned for a number of years now is by far the best, previous turntable was an LP12. Hopefully at some point I’ll get to hear his latest creations.

Just finished reading a couple of interviews with the designer. What a fascinating and clever man.

Having lived with both, it doesn't. The Technics has greater pitch stability, no question but that arm on the DG-1 has some exceptional properties and, as a complete turntable, it is exceptionally quiet- quieter than the 1200-G sample I had.
Did you have an opportunity to try the Technics 1200G with one of the Clearaudio tangential arms (Clearaudio | High End - made in germany The combination is obviously more expensive than the Vertere DG-1.

Did you have an opportunity to try the Technics 1200G with one of the Clearaudio tangential arms (Clearaudio | High End - made in germany The combination is obviously more expensive than the Vertere DG-1.

For reasons that are not really the fault of Clearaudio, their tangential arms are usually a non starter in my part of the UK as they tend to pick up radio stations on that long, exposed lead out wire making them useless.

Not really sure what you mean by it is quiet, could you please elaborate .
Thanks

No motor or mains noise and no audible intrusion from the bearing. The last is, of course not often a thing on anything bar the cheapest turntable but mains hum can be an issue for even quite expensive models. The DG-1 is free from all of it.

Thanks for the prompt reply was just a question out of interest as what noise you were referring to. I know my setup has more hum on the phono input than any of the others, but to be expected. Only if I ramp up the volume control does the mains hum become intrusive.

use a Vertere TT & with premium labels & premium new vinyl formulations like Mofi ultradisc records can sound like digital with a total lack of record & TT noise with huge SNR signal to noise ratio and almost silent when playing music

Developed by NEOTECH and RTI, MoFi SuperVinyl is the most exacting-to-specification vinyl compound ever devised. Analog lovers have never seen (or heard) anything like it. Extraordinarily expensive and extremely painstaking to produce, the special proprietary compound addresses two specific areas of improvement: noise floor reduction and enhanced groove definition. The vinyl composition features a new carbonless dye (hold the disc up to the light and see) and produces the world's quietest surfaces. This high-definition formula also allows for the creation of cleaner grooves that are indistinguishable from the original lacquer. MoFi SuperVinyl provides the closest approximation of what the label's engineers hear in the mastering lab.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom