Vertigo 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

I've yet to watch the 4K scan of this, but the movie is an easy 10. It's one of, perhaps THE greatest movie ever made. Movies just don't get any better.

It's a tremendously colourful one too, so I imagine the WCG side of things will look sensational.

watched this a couple off nights ago and the film is a stunner and so is this 4k disk

i agree jimmy stewart was excellent in this one as he was in rear window

9 might be o the mean side

the best movie in the box followed by rear window then psycho. The birds i always considered crap.

I've yet to watch the 4K scan of this, but the movie is an easy 10. It's one of, perhaps THE greatest movie ever made. Movies just don't get any better.

It's a tremendously colourful one too, so I imagine the WCG side of things will look sensational.
Everyone is entitled to their view and all scores are subjective, but a 9 for Vertigo implies, to me, that 1 in 10 (Or 14 in 100 by some measures) films made (Or watched by the person scoring it) are better. In this case there is no explanation in the review for the score, so no way of knowing how it would have been improved or why it fell short; which is probably remiss. It's an easy 10 for me as well.
Some people seem to like it

Last edited:
Come on any score like this is only ever a subjective view of the reviewer and you can't expect statistical consistency

Who only scores Vertigo as 9/10?

It's one of only a handful of genuine masterpieces. 11/10 if that were possible...

Who only scores Vertigo as 9/10?

It's one of only a handful of genuine masterpieces. 11/10 if that were possible...
I do... 9/10 for me and Rear Window is slightly better.

Yeah but two great films that do look really good in 4k as an extra bonus

Hmmm.. four films for sixty quid, or 14 for thirty quid. The blu ray box it is, and wait for this box to be in the sales or second hand.

Haven’t seen this either, shall I put the 4K on the list?

The Hitchcock movie I want to see get the 4K treatment is North by Northwest. One of my favourite movies of all time, and beautifully shot. I reckon in 4K it could be stunning.

Cannot recall any Hitchcock movie I have seen...
I’ve only seen Psycho & The Birds. Liked them both well enough, couldn’t tell you anything about them now. I’ll pick this box set up when it gets a price drop.

Cannot recall any Hitchcock movie I have seen...
He's definitely worth checking out, but personally I would recommend Notorious (only available on import), Psycho, North By Northwest, or Rear Window first. You'll get more out of Vertigo if you're familiar with his work and his cinematic style (and also his alleged penchant/obsession with ice cool blondes such as Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly, Tippi Hedren, etc. which very much feeds into the plot of Vertigo).

If you don't know much about Hitchcock you may wonder why Vertigo is (rightly IMHO) revered as a masterpiece.

He's definitely worth checking out, but personally I would recommend Notorious (only available on import), Psycho, North By Northwest, or Rear Window first. You'll get more out of Vertigo if you're familiar with his work and his cinematic style (and also his alleged penchant/obsession with ice cool blondes such as Ingrid Bergman, Grace Kelly, Tippi Hedren, etc. which very much feeds into the plot of Vertigo).

If you don't know much about Hitchcock you may wonder why Vertigo is (rightly IMHO) revered as a masterpiece.
You probably have seen it, but if you haven't you should check out Marnie (1964) while not in the class of his best work i think it's an interesting film.

Does anyone know if all the blurays in the boxset are remastered or the same as the old ones? Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom