VESA mount locations

Alex Lake

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is it standard that Vesa mounts are in the dead centre of the TV (vertically)? Just trying to plan a wall mount to be capable of taking a larger size at some stage in the future and clearance above a piece of furniture is critical!

So a typical 50" screen is 651mm tall and a 55 is 722mm. If I assume that the lowest edge of a 55" screen won't be much more than 361mm below centre of mount, am I safe?!

Is it standard that Vesa mounts are in the dead centre of the TV (vertically)?
Apparently not.

A few members have fallen foul of some with the mount lower down than expected on recent purchases and they need to relocate their mounts on the walls.

The VESA holes in LCD TVs are more likely to be centrally located than OLEDs (which tend to have their VESA holes lower down due to their design) but to presume they will be dead centre of every LCD set might be risky, as there's no guarantee of this.

Some types of brackets do allow for some vertical adjustment though, which might help.

As the others say, definitely not. But some wall mounts do have some mounting options allowing a little vertical adjustment.

Samsung Q7F 55" appears to be central , from looking at the original stand that its on , not sure how that helps you though :facepalm:

Go to a store with dozens of TVs on display. You will get an idea of the wall mount screw holes locations. This is fairly important if you want to swap one TV for another and don't want to place your TV near the ceiling (like when you swap a small LED to a big OLED).

The VESA holes in LCD TVs are more likely to be centrally located than OLEDs (which tend to have their VESA holes lower down due to their design)
That’s interesting!! Some kind of centre of gravity thing? If so, maybe “cheating” with a bracket might not be sensible?
I wonder if the mount location is in the instructions? Will have to check them out.

That’s interesting!! Some kind of centre of gravity thing? If so, maybe “cheating” with a bracket might not be sensible?
I wonder if the mount location is in the instructions? Will have to check them out.
OLED sets have a thicker bottom area where all the electrics are, speakers etc. The thin screen projects upwards ad cant be fixed to.

I changed from a Samasung 48" set which had a 400x400 fixing spacing. I can't remeber exactly but my 55" Oled has either a 400x200 spacing on the bulge at the back or a 400x300. In any case it sits about 100mm higher on the wall as I can't move the bracket down without doing a lot of damage to the walpaper it has merged into.

OLED sets have a thicker bottom area where all the electrics are, speakers etc. The thin screen projects upwards ad cant be fixed to.

I changed from a Samasung 48" set which had a 400x400 fixing spacing. I can't remeber exactly but my 55" Oled has either a 400x200 spacing on the bulge at the back or a 400x300. In any case it sits about 100mm higher on the wall as I can't move the bracket down without doing a lot of damage to the walpaper it has merged into.
But presumably you could easily get an offset plate that you insert between bracket and tv?

This kind of thing: AP-V200-OFFSET - VESA 200 Offset Adapter Plate - Future Automation

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom