VIDAA 4.0 OS upgrade on existing models in Q1 2020 !

umbral

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hisense said they will upgrade current models too wth VIDAA 4.0 OS in Q1 2020.

The 4.0 Vidaa will come in 2020 to existing TVs and be pre-installed on all new Hisense TVs.

Did Hisense in Europe upgraded older televisions to VIDAA 3.0 in the past ? Do they have good history of upgrading the OS of their TVs ?

Does anyone know more information ?

Thank you in advance

Can you give details about the bugs ?
My 3 week old H55B7500UK has had numerous issues

Sound goes echoey so have to do a soft reset (happened 4 times)

TV freezes up when playing files from nas and have to do a hard reset (happened 3 times)

Thankfully I have a 6 year warranty with richersounds which I can see me making a lot of use of.

The most annoying bug is the amazon prime video issue where it just stops playing content due to insufficient bandwidth. Takes a reset to work again, if you're lucky. Sometimes it just refuses to work and you're stuck.

I find the most annoying bug with my H55N5700 is the Amazon app which is incredibly slow to use now, I'm hoping said firmware is released for this set o_O

There is a new update K version, but this is not VIDAA 4.0 right ?
Are old bugs fixed with this one ?

Any news? I bought a 50AE7010F a few days ago, really a good tv with a great picture quality, so i first checked OTA update and it said "already latest software", then i asked support and they sended me a update file, i made the update - but as far as i can see it´s still VIDAAU 3 and now v0811 or something like that, i also asked in my mail where i can get informed about updates in the future and about VIDAAU 4 and they just did not answer that questions

Uwe

Do they at least update the apps? If not the TV goes back, even if I really like the picture quality. Maybe I will send it back anyway they said 'all new models"and my model is produced july the 19th 2020 but no VIDAA 4!?

Uwe

Do they at least update the apps? If not the TV goes back, even if I really like the picture quality. Maybe I will send it back anyway they said 'all new models"and my model is produced july the 19th 2020 but no VIDAA 4!?

Uwe
Yes, you will recieve updated version of vidaa 3.

Mhh my first update I had to make via USB stick, there was no update shown via OTA update. With my old LG I started Netflix, for example, and every now and then it said "new version available - update" and it then updated the Netflix app only, so does it works the same with vidaau3? Ohh and I had also to reset after the vidaau3 update to fix problems with Netflix and prime, the sound was not in sync with the picture but yt and Rakuten was fine.

Uwe

Mhh my first update I had to make via USB stick, there was no update shown via OTA update. With my old LG I started Netflix, for example, and every now and then it said "new version available - update" and it then updated the Netflix app only, so does it works the same with vidaau3? Ohh and I had also to reset after the vidaau3 update to fix problems with Netflix and prime, the sound was not in sync with the picture but yt and Rakuten was fine.

Uwe
No, vidaa apps are Html5 based. You get an updated Vidaa with updated weblinks!

OK thank you very much - I think I will return the unit - if the first update didn't work OTA then the next will also not work most likely. I don't want to ask support every few weeks for another update file to download to USB and all that crap - the picture is really good, but I don't want to have problems once with logging me in into Netflix or Prime due to an old app or link. The risk is just too high for me I don't have much money. With LG even after over 3 years I got OTA updates for example also with OS Updates, and Apps as I said where handled extra. And our oldest LG was over 5 years and got app updates too but no more webOS updates.

Thanks again
Uwe

After resetting sound worked in sync first time opening netflix and prime but second time it was out of sync again - that TV definitely goes back and was my first and last hisense device.

Uwe

Uwe
Plex is over 3 years old and awful on my hisense tv bought earlier this year.

I can't see version 4 coming to 2019 models. I don't see how they could bug test the software adequately therefore rolling it out to older models would be a big risk for Hisense.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom