VIDEO: CES 2015: Auro-3D Interview - video discussion

Great interview. Are there any Auro3D demo's being held at CES that will be reported on? As a consumer, that wan't to get into immersive audio, it looks like our speaker installation will have to favor one layout over the other. I like the Auro3D extra set of height LCR.

Do you think my existing Onkyo Atmos receiver could get Auro 3d and DTS X as a firmware upgrade? Is this possible if the algorithms are pretty much the same?

I don't know but Denon/Marantz already have an Auro3D upgrade for their Atmos receivers and it's rumoured they will also have a DTS: X upgrade once it's launched.

It is impressive how far Auro has come in less than 12 months. I think we can expect to see the format appearing in most mid-range and above AVRs by years end.

It is impressive how far Auro has come in less than 12 months. I think we can expect to see the format appearing in most mid-range and above AVRs by years end.
Especially when you guys first went to hear the demo, they seemed quite unsure of where to place it in the market. Then when it did it was only for £30K+ processors.

But now it seems it's spreading like wildfire and man, that is good news.

I doubt I'll be in a position to set my living room to accommodate it, just like so many others. However, until we get reviews of DTS' version, Auro by far is the system I would implement. The fact that you were so blown away at the demo speak volumes by what you said and the fact it can "upscale" existing audio tracks yes?

Very tempted when it becomes affordable, but still beyond a possibility sadly, for a while at least.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom