Quantcast

Video doorbell using ethernet

bartjunited

Standard Member
Hi all any recommendations for a video doorbell that supports ethernet connectivity.
I've had a ring doorbell and the WiFi connectivity is so hot and miss I want something I can connect to the network via ethernet.
If it supports additional cameras too that can connect to the network via ethernet even better.
Thanks in advance

Bart

kosymodo

Byron DIC-23112UK might be an option?

bartjunited

Standard Member
Which HIK one would you suggest.
Does POE mean that if connected to Ethernet it provides power and Ethernet? I was thinking of connecting the bell to a WiFi extender plug via ethernet,?

bartjunited

Standard Member
Forgot to ask if you know if I can add a screen in the house to view and answer the door with?
And potentially CCTV cameras later?

dbank

Novice Member
I have been happy with Doorbird D101, POE. image quality is a little nasty, but does actually work over a good 4G connection. I also have it recording 24/7 on a Synology NAS.

djmc321

I wrote up my experience with Doorbird when I had it installed & there are some more followups in that thread -

3 years on, no issues. It's worked all that time without problems and connection is rock solid & quick.

The main alternative would be a Ring Elite, but that is quite a bit more expensive, so really only worth considering if you want to buy into Amazon's future platform I guess.

Last edited:

ruru

thumbs up here too for Doorbird !

Great product and good support when needed :D

ruru

also worth mentioning that DoorBird has excellent integration into things like Home Assistant

Home Assistant

:D

bartjunited

Standard Member
I wrote up my experience with Doorbird when I had it installed & there are some more followups in that thread -

3 years on, no issues. It's worked all that time without problems and connection is rock solid & quick.

The main alternative would be a Ring Elite, but that is quite a bit more expensive, so really only worth considering if you want to buy into Amazon's future platform I guess.
Do you have d101s?
Does this have a straight rj45 connection into it and powered by 12v power supply?

djmc321

Do you have d101s?
Does this have a straight rj45 connection into it and powered by 12v power supply?
Yes the d101s. I had it professionally installed as I had no existing wiring at all to work with and my network PoE switch under the stairs. From what I understand there's no rj45 port, but instead the Ethernet is crimped into place and also supplies power over Ethernet. If you don't use PoE then there is a power adapter and also potential to wire to existing doorbell power of available. Looks like the D101s manual is not online anymore, but you can see images of the rear if you Google.

Top Bottom