Video file playback issue on Samsung LED TV

arjsan

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Samsung UE40B6000 LED tv which has video file playback enabled via the service menu. It is a great feature and works fine on most MKV files after the audio is converted from DTS to AC3. I am however having often problems with DIVx file playback. Many files start playing well and after some time they stop playing with the message unsupported video data. On some this happens a few minutes into the playback, on some this happens an hour and more. The file and the video and audio codec are supported by the TV so I have no clue what can cause this, especially after the TV starts to play the file well.

I have observed the same issue also on my Samsung BDP-1600 blue ray player. The funny thing is my sons Philips portable DVD player plays all those DIVx files well without any interruption.

Anyone got a clue what the issue is and how this can be fixed?

i've noticed this as well, I never looked for a fix though as i got my WDTV back from its 1 month loan to my Bruv.

Buy a WD HDTV there well cheap and play every format i throw at it.

Well, an WD HD box is a solution, but I do not want to have an other device in my living room. The TV is supposed to play those files and it does it well in most of the cases. I prefer to find a fix, instead of paying more money for another device

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom