VIDEO: Hisense OLED and LED TV line-up for 2019 - news discussion

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
so it's missed for those who are looking for a real Uled ( Full Array LED Backlight) with hundreds of areas like Samsung or Sony in 55 inches !
too bad ...
Thank you Phil Hinton for the article.

If they are priced similar to the big boys then I cant see them shifting many OLED's.

white label beans at Heinz prices, I know which flavor my farts will smell of.

Somewhat confusing about their pricing strategy. Are they going to be a " challenger brand " on pricing for their OLEDs, as the marketing and account managers made some contradictory comments.

Theres that tipping point when that cheap brand becomes a not so cheap brand anymore. Wasn't 1 of his examples Kia, a company that used to sell cheap cars but now doesn't, for that reason i would rather buy a Ford.

Hisense need to be pumping out top quality TV's for years to come before I would even consider them for my main viewing TV.

Whats there Flagship TV cost? and does it only come with a 2 year warranty, hardly a selling point.

Theres that tipping point when that cheap brand becomes a not so cheap brand anymore. Wasn't 1 of his examples Kia, a company that used to sell cheap cars but now doesn't, for that reason i would rather buy a Ford.

Hisense need to be pumping out top quality TV's for years to come before I would even consider them for my main viewing TV.

Whats there Flagship TV cost? and does it only come with a 2 year warranty, hardly a selling point.
2 years manufacturer warranty where as others mainly offer 1 year, so it is a benefit, the 5 or 6 year warranties are normally by the retailer these days and not the manufacturer.
I normally buy high end tv's like the kuro, Panasonic zt, various oleds and Panasonic fald tv's.
But for the daughters room i bought a hisense a6200 which was reviewed on here with a score of 9/10, and for the money its a stonking tv for sdr material, it lacks what's needed for decent hdr though, but I would certainly have no issue purchasing a hisense oled if it offered the best bang for buck so to speak.

Similar prices to Toshiba and Sony OLED? Well, they weren't similar and Toshiba's late arrival led it to the bargain bin and/or very few sales.
The first guy seems to be a sci fi fan or revolutionist at heart with his constant 'disruptor' spiel but then pacifies to similar pricing again.
Good these guys are on the game.

I’m surprised they didn’t opt for HDR10+ just to round it off.

I cant see this strategy working at all, their business is all about undercutting and value, you cant bring out a high end TV and say, right, we're doing this now and expect everyone to ditch well known brands, I doubt a one year extra warranty will do it, perhaps 5 years might with all the burn in worries.

Problem is, they cant undercut anyone at the high end really as LG make all the panels, Toshiba tried it but failed as the TV was ok but last years LG was still better and cheaper some places.

What someone needs to do is make a dumb panel with no receiver, no sound and just runs apps, offer it at a cheap price to draw people in, then hit them with a decent soundbar or TV box offer for general home users, I never watch TV, never use the TV's speakers etc.

I cant see this strategy working at all, their business is all about undercutting and value, you cant bring out a high end TV and say, right, we're doing this now and expect everyone to ditch well known brands, I doubt a one year extra warranty will do it, perhaps 5 years might with all the burn in worries.

Problem is, they cant undercut anyone at the high end really as LG make all the panels, Toshiba tried it but failed as the TV was ok but last years LG was still better and cheaper some places.

What someone needs to do is make a dumb panel with no receiver, no sound and just runs apps, offer it at a cheap price to draw people in, then hit them with a decent soundbar or TV box offer for general home users, I never watch TV, never use the TV's speakers etc.
I'm sure this isnt going to have a LG panel in it, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought I'd read that hisense were making them.
I imagine they will undercut the lowest priced LG oled by a couple of hundred or so at launch, that gap may increase with price drops throughout the year

What someone needs to do is make a dumb panel with no receiver, no sound and just runs apps, offer it at a cheap price to draw people in, then hit them with a decent soundbar or TV box offer for general home users, I never watch TV, never use the TV's speakers etc

Sony did just that as did Phillips I think about 30+ years ago

SONY Profeel Colour Television System

afaik it did not sell very well in the Uk, I got a profeel tuner for next to nothing from Comet, handy thing though used it for yesrs

TV yes, panel no, they are LG panels i'm pretty sure.
Any proof on this pal, as I thought I'd read on here or elsewhere that they were either making the panels or sourcing them from someone else other than LG, they might be rgb panels instead of wrgb that LG use

Any proof on this pal, as I thought I'd read on here or elsewhere that they were either making the panels or sourcing them from someone else other than LG, they might be rgb panels instead of wrgb that LG use

Nah, no proof, just think we'd know if they were, that would be a big thing. This is one of those occasions where a lack of evidence is evidence.

Nah, no proof, just think we'd know if they were, that would be a big thing. This is one of those occasions where a lack of evidence is evidence.
We will have to wait and see then won't we, they could well be LG panels but hisense are one of the few manufacturers that actually make their own panels.

come on fella, it even looks like an LG TV, lol

Anyway, see here "I sat down with the Hisense OLED TV recently, ............. LG Display (A company separate to LG Electronics) make all the OLED TV panels, for LG, Sony, Panasonic and now Hisense,.....

Hisense OLED TV First Look: Making a premium statement » EFTM
Well I'm happy to be corrected pal, I'm still sure I read somewhere that they were not going to use LG oled panels, they will have to pull something out the bag if they are going to be charging the same amount as others.
If they are undercutting LG and the tv is getting good reviews I wouldn't have a problem buying a hisense for the bedroom etc

they are making the panels in china now though I hear, a plant was approved by LG last year I think.

More interested seeing hisense Dual Cell lcd tv. As for which oled panel hisense will be using, I'm sure it's LGD. But BOE is making large Oled panels for tvs

Great another company aboard the oled scam ship. when are people going to wake up to the facts about OLED tvs and Dolby vision. Until oleds stop burning in ,I wouldn't spend a penny on one. I have heard all the push back from the oled community ,hey believe what you want. and if burn in wasn't bad enough the technology itself is a bust.The ''O'' standing for organic light. Anything I know that's organic including we humans don't last. So the pixels based on organic light means your pixels will die out in time, a lot sooner then LED. Now Dolby vision another scam job people are not aware of.The Dolby spec calls for and is 12 bit technology ,meaning to see true DV like in a DV theater you need a 12 bit panel. Oh wait , we don't have those ,Mmmm what to do. Since our panels on our TVs are 10 bit,it's impossible to see Dolby Vision. Now people with DV setups swear they see an improvement over HDR 10, maybe ,but it ain't DV. Maybe it's HDR 10+ your seeing or maybe your seeing something that isn't really there. So you tube is filled with reviewers pushing DV saying you have to get it ,it's great lol .What there doing is just getting likes and clicks for you tube money and if they say nice things about a product, they will get more free products to review. Its the oldest trick in the book and people keep falling for it , and scamming you and me ,thinking what companies say the product does ,it does. Again they will say and lie about anything to get your money just like there doing with 8K. So hey if you want to believe them without question and real research.it's your wallet, good luck.To the so called experts here ,prove to and make me wrong on Dolby Vision, I have ask many people about this ,the ones pushing DV and guess what I get no reply so far, I wonder why? Maybe because they know they are pushing a lie.

lol, new this was a good idea. :)

yeah but I get what i'm essentially saying just make a OLED monitor running android or webos etc..

Knowing the problems there are with apps built in to tv's (functions missing, updates abandoned etc.) better to have just a display and use a media box for apps

Not sure in the real world how well such a display would sell (low numbers = higher prices)

I'm still suffering from PTSD just from watching the first few seconds of that YT video!
Hasn't anybody heard of soft transitions? :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom