Video lag on Philips 58PUS6203

markozzen

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a Philips model 58PUS6203 and there is something that really bothers me. FIrst of all, I wanna say that I'm really satisfied with the image quality, but I encounter video lag when connecting my laptop via HDMI. I've tried changing a lot of settings on the TV and the laptop but nothing really cuts it. My laptop specifications are: Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, 128 GB SSD. I would say that my configuration is pretty neat and shouldn't have any problems running videos, but I've never connected it to a 4k TV before so I wouldn't really know. I've read a lot about input lag and I understand that it affects mostly gaming, but my PS4 pro runs pretty good and doesn't have that lag that I experience wathing movies on the laptop. Furthermore, I tried uploading a certain .mkv file that lags on my laptop to an USB drive and playing it on the TV - it runs perfectly smooth. So I've run out of options, and the lag really irritates me, so I have no idea where the problem lies. I really want to keep the TV, but I'm also very keen on using it as a monitor for my laptop, and a lot of the time I watch movies and TV shows. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alright, I've managed to find a solution after tweaking with every setting I could find. It turns out that if I extend the displays, with the laptop's display kept as main, there is no more video lag. Nothing else works. If anybody has any idea why that might be so, please write to me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom