VIDEO: Panasonic HZ2000 OLED Full Details and Specs - news discussion

I'm sure Panasonic have their reasons as they will be well aware of All the other TV Manufacturers inclusion of 2.1 in their TV's.

And they probably knew there would be abit of a Consumer backlash as the forums have proven. Disappointed enthusiasts also into gaming whom love Pana TV's feeling a little cheated when they look at LG and how they are getting behind the Gaming industry and consumers.

Only my opinion...but maybe Panasonic feel their Consumer audience is Hollywood and Film Fans and Reproduction of the Creator's Intent is Paramount.(pardon the pun) Supporting All the Gaming features clearly isn't top of their list.

Still waiting for Panasonic to fix HDR frameskilping issue and this odd stuttering which randomly appears. The bugs are there since 3 years and Panasonic still can't fix it

I'm sure Panasonic have their reasons as they will be well aware of All the other TV Manufacturers inclusion of 2.1 in their TV's.
It's certainly disappointing as 2.1 was clearly the next logical evolution to add to the GZ2000's successor (in addition to the hopes of a custom panel without the Atmos speakers). There must be more to this story behind the scenes though, contrary to what you've stated - it seems that LG is again the only OLED manufacturer with 2.1 this year. So everyone else is shit out of luck for another year.

It's pretty abysmal for the others, perhaps even more so for Sony given that they have a next-gen console launching this year. Clearly they have a vested interest in taking advantage of the full 2.1 benefits, more so than others.

LG must have some HDMI 2.1 exclusivity deal with the OLED range, as I am sure I have seen mention of full 2.1 support for Sony's next big FALD LED LCD TV, I think Samsung too, but being honest, I don't read too much into the LCD news anymore.

And the HZ won't be cheap. You can expect the 65HZ2000 to kick off at around £4,000-£4,500.

But it all depends what you're preferences are and of course your budget. If you're a serious Gamer then it's LG all day long. If you're a Film/Movie Purist then for me Panasonic wins hands down. If you're both a heavy Gamer and love your 4k UHD Movie Discs and accurate Film Content then its decisions....decisions.

See if they release an updated model later in the year, otherwise hang on for next years models

It's certainly disappointing as 2.1 was clearly the next logical evolution to add to the GZ2000's successor (in addition to the hopes of a custom panel without the Atmos speakers). There must be more to this story behind the scenes though, contrary to what you've stated - it seems that LG is again the only OLED manufacturer with 2.1 this year. So everyone else is sh*t out of luck for another year.

It's pretty abysmal for the others, perhaps even more so for Sony given that they have a next-gen console launching this year. Clearly they have a vested interest in taking advantage of the full 2.1 benefits, more so than others.

LG must have some HDMI 2.1 exclusivity deal with the OLED range, as I am sure I have seen mention of full 2.1 support for Sony's next big FALD LED LCD TV, I think Samsung too, but being honest, I don't read too much into the LCD news anymore.
Guess it depends how much/if you believe the Corporate spiel of Paul William's from Panasonic, as he didn't go into the Company, Business or Manufacturing reason why No 48Gbps Inputs & VRR. Other than suffice too say it's something they're monitoring and will keep an eye on it basically. Whatever the hell that means? It appears they have stuck with 2.0b and enabled eARC for this year.

Fair point regarding Sony and the upcoming release of the Playstation Pro 5 which I believe is 8k@60/4k@120 the same Spec as Microsoft Xbox Series X. In that they have Full Bandwidth 48Gbps Inputs with VRR but only on their 8k LCD LED ZH8 & last years ZG9. No full fat 2.1 on their 4k OLED Panels this year either as far as I'm aware. Yes Samsung is the same full 2.1 with their 8k QLED.

Yeah, you’d have to think they’d be going HDMI 2.1 surely? Don’t tell me Sony have announced they’re not?...

Just a thought...are Panasonic holding out on HDMI 2.1 because next year they're going 8k, 77"/88"?

Yeah, you’d have to think they’d be going HDMI 2.1 surely? Don’t tell me Sony have announced they’re not?...
In Phil's interview with Gavin McCarron from Sony he intimated the 8k ZH8 is Full 48Gbps 2.1. Don't think the 4k OLED's are though!

Hi all, I came to this thread because I wanted to learn more about Panasonic OLED's and now after reading all your comments, I have a question about HDMI 2.1:

If most 4K UHD streams are - say - 25Mbps and 4K UHD Blu-ray discs top out at somewhere around 100Mbps at most, why do we need 48Gbps 2.1?

Hi all, I came to this thread because I wanted to learn more about Panasonic OLED's and now after reading all your comments, I have a question about HDMI 2.1:

If most 4K UHD streams are - say - 25Mbps and 4K UHD Blu-ray discs top out at somewhere around 100Mbps at most, why do we need 48Gbps 2.1?
To cut a long story short...basically for 8k@ 60 and 10k@30.

And when we eventually go 8k@120 & 10l@60. Then we'll probably be on HDMI 3.0.

Hey and don't forget 16k:)

Panasonic is behind on 120hz support, this year they need to support 1080p 120hz over hdmi. Lg will support 1080p, 1440p and 2160p at 120hz.

To cut a long story short...basically for 8k@ 60 and 10k@30.

And when we eventually go 8k@120 & 10l@60. Then we'll probably be on HDMI 3.0.

Hey and don't forget 16k
Gamers are also wanting full HDMI 2.1 for 4K@120Hz, for next gen consoles coming out toward the end of this year...I'm thinking Panasonic are saving it for 2021, after they see the specifications of the PS5/XBOXx & when it's settled in (games at 120Hz will probably take their time to come to market anyway).

Gamers are also wanting full HDMI 2.1 for 4K@120Hz, for next gen consoles coming out toward the end of this year...I'm thinking Panasonic are saving it for 2021, after they see the specifications of the PS5/XBOXx & when it's settled in (games at 120Hz will probably take their time to come to market anyway).
That’s just silly I wanted this years model tv for this years Xbox if Panasonic wait for there 2021 model it will be 6 months past the new consoles release which is a Hugh mistake.

People like me will be wanting are new 2.2 TVs in November or even Black Friday deals not June 2021 at full price.

I am sorry but Panasonic dropped the ball big time here. And Panasonic do t need to wait to see what the co soles are doing for spec wise as there is a HDMI 2.1 spec. Which all should follow

Pardon my ignorance but is 120 hz really about gaming or does it affect anything else?

That’s just silly I wanted this years model tv for this years Xbox if Panasonic wait for there 2021 model it will be 6 months past the new consoles release which is a Hugh mistake.

People like me will be wanting are new 2.2 TVs in November or even Black Friday deals not June 2021 at full price.

I am sorry but Panasonic dropped the ball big time here. And Panasonic do t need to wait to see what the co soles are doing for spec wise as there is a HDMI 2.1 spec. Which all should follow
I hear you. Panasonic are playing silly games with consumers, for sure.

Lucky everyone has choice of great TVs to choose from based on what their requirements and preferences are.

I don’t see anybody questioning why LG did not do their own custom panel with HDMI 2.1 or Sony that I don’t think has either.

I am sure Panasonic know their market.

Pardon my ignorance but is 120 hz really about gaming or does it affect anything else?
At the moment Yes.

As there isn't any Broadcast Media Shooting Content @120 High Frame Rate(HFR). When Sports goes HFR@120 It will looking amazing. However I think that is years away. BBC & Sky are testing it, but when it comes to market is unknown due to Bandwidth Restrictions atm. There's lots to do as would it be delivered down the pipe via OTA or OTT Set Top Boxes and/or Both.

If you look at the new DVB-I which has been agreed. OTT will move to online.

im not upgrading to anything 2.1, by 2023 hdmi 3 will be announced, not like buying a 2.1 tv makes you future proof, in just 3 years you'll again be playing catch up.

i dont know how people think consoles will do 120hz games or 8k, you are hyping things which consoles wont do. it will be an achievement for next playstation or xbox if they can have native 4k@60 fps as standard across all games. you will see many games that choose to stay at only 4k 30hz, i can bet that.

If you look at the new DVB-I which has been agreed. OTT will move to online.
Very interesting read. DVB have granted Approval for Internet Centric TV whereby DVB-I standard has been given the go ahead by an industry-led group, aiming to ensure linear television delivered over the internet is as user-friendly and robust as traditional broadcasting. Basically they're aim is to raise Internet Based Delivery.

This will be led by a consortium of broadcasters, manufacturers, network operators, software developers and regulators that develop open, interoperable technical specifications for the delivery of digital media and broadcast services.

One key part of the article that stuck out too me is the words "Suitable Connection". In other words you'll require a minimum Broadband Speed/Connection that is Robust, Stable & Constant. This could be the DVB's stumbling block...it'll work if you live in or near Cities or Towns, but Rural folk whose Broadband Speed is slow May have a problem obtaining Internet Centric Linear TV.

@Gerry76...i dont know how people think consoles will do 120hz games or 8k, you are hyping things which consoles wont do.

I think Consumers are getting Hyped up by the Manufacturers( Microsoft & Sony) as they have drip fed the gaming community snippets of the Specs. So when Gamers start hearing & reading things like 8k Console capable of X,Y & Z, people naturally get a little excited with the prospect of it, but maybe don't stop to think how the Content will be delivered.

Same as people whom purchase themselves an 8k TV this year, they know there isn't any 8k Movies, Discs or Broadcast Media. But they feel they're future Proofing themselves, feel the picture quality is better with the higher resolution and so on....

Human Nature I guess

Anyway back on topic...does anyone else think Panasonic will go 8k next year or just stick with 4k but implement 2.1, 48Gbps 120Hz & VRR on IZ Models.

That's probably the thing with HDMI 2.1 - the sets don't actually need the 48gbps bandwidth, and so far its just speculation that it'll be useful, even games that support 120Hz on next-gen consoles might find that they compromise other aspects in order to achieve that heady frame rate (which will well end up being variable frame rates anyway with the usual "up to" caveat)

So Panasonic is giving you what you'll use, and all those demanding the full-fat HDMI are doing it really for spec-upmanship. like someone who'd buy a Ferrari and then use it solely to nip down ASDA.

Panasonic;'s focus for their TVs is picture quality, it seems. So gaming isn't something they are pushing the marketing on. Possibly because, if you're that much into gaming, you'll probably be better off with a QLED that has better brightness and no burn-in on static content instead.

When the Panasonic IZ2000 comes it wIl have 2.1, and probably with better all around picture for the gamers in mind, no doubt the full package that you guys have been asking for. What else is left for them to do with pushing the boundaries on Oled.
I would think they are always looking ahead but only giving us what we need as of now, but always the best possible picture they can deliver. Yet again they have focused on picture & calibration controls, the full package.
I will very much be interested in reading the indepth review when Phil does one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom