VIDEO: Philips talk OLED and LCD TVs, P5 processing and HDR10+

I'm holding out to see how much the 803 will be priced at, hopefully £1500 or less for the 55'' when it launches.

It's interesting to see they have also gone the IPS route on most of the Tv's this year as another manufacturer looks to be doing the same with their range, hopefully the backlight bleed issues wont pop up again,.

I do wish Philips would do away with that godanm awful 80s style ish backlighting . Looks like one of the cheap light up speakers for chavs . I use bias lighting on my 902 tip and bottom for letterbox bars . Don't need this crap for OLED though and it just looks cheap n tacky for either .

Must say I like the look of these designs... very attractive, especially the one with the built in sound base.

I like the idea of Ambilight too... I already have a Philips Hue LED strip light at the back of my AV cabinet, but it would be nice to add some colour to the area directly behind the TV. It looks pretty and genuinely helps reduce eye strain.

If I wasn't still quite happy with my LG E6, I think I'd be hunting down one of these over an LG 8 series.

I wanna wall mount but ive always envisaged 3 light strips to be 1 too few.

I wanna wall mount but ive always envisaged 3 light strips to be 1 too few.

Totally get your point, but in 2018, I would envisage that a solid number of potential buyers of a Philips Ambilight system might have a fully operational HUE system up and running anyways that might be hooked up with the 3-sided panel?

Phillips make very good Oleds....maybe if you could actually buy one they could make inroads with thoose that won;t buy Lg and are dissatisfied with Sony's handling of things.

Is the P5 engine just marketing talk or does it actually improve the picture quality and motion?

I'm choosing between the 65pus6753 and Philips 65PUS7303. The 7303 includes the P5 Engine and Android, and a slightly more connections. Is £150 extra worth the 7303 you think?

Is the P5 engine just marketing talk or does it actually improve the picture quality and motion?

I'm choosing between the 65pus6753 and Philips 65PUS7303. The 7303 includes the P5 Engine and Android, and a slightly more connections. Is £150 extra worth the 7303 you think?

It made enough of a difference to the 9002 oled that LG focussed all their oled marketing this year (2018) on their processing improvements.

I haven't experienced the saphi platform, so I can't tell you how it compares to android. android tv gets a lot of hate (and some mild disgruntlement) but it's actually pretty good if you just want to use a tv and aren't really impatient (I remember having to get up from the sofa to change channels using a rotary knob! Talk about inconvenient...) or if you don't mind a bit of Internet forum and app exploration and setup - but you have to spend the time setting up any tv these days.

Is it worth it? That's a very personal thing. If you have to have a packed lunch for a while to afford it then yes, but if your kids have to go without food entirely and go out scavenging the bins, then no.
Also depends how sensitive you are to various processing artifacts.

Do you know what will be the differences between Philips 65OLED873 and the new 65OLED803?
By comparing them on the Philips web site I can’t see any real differences apart from the fact that the 803 weights 5kg more….
Tanx

Do you know what will be the differences between Philips 65OLED873 and the new 65OLED803?
By comparing them on the Philips web site I can’t see any real differences apart from the fact that the 803 weights 5kg more….
Tanx
I think the 803 has a 2018 panel !
to confirm !

Well, if is just that it will be a real shame launching TV with nothing really new to show for....

They are carrying over the POS9002 under a different name in 2018. Its the same TV as the POS9002 but available also in 65".

Since the POS9002 wasn't available in 65" that makes the new Philips 65" a new panel I would guess.
Since it did come at 55" there's a possibility that they use old panels but not sure.

The 873 = 9002. The 55" is still called 9002 I believe and the 65" the 873. The 803 is a different design and a Q3 2018 release so should definitely have the 2018 panel. 65" 873 is also a 2017 panel ...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom