VIDEO: Samsung Micro LED TV range unveiled at CES 2020 - news discussion

Thanks Phil! Can we have a competition for a free 292” model please? No rush, any time today is fine!

The modular idea on these is genius, if it can manage it with no visible joins that is amazing.

Nice to see micro led finally a reality even if first generation...
I still want to see a proper review and and an idea of price for 75 in particular...
Let’s hope this will mean micro led is within reach in 2-3 years at affordable prices and smaller sizes 55/65 and 4k...
@Livemo

75" microLED would be a very interesting proposition if realistically priced

Nice to see micro led finally a reality even if first generation...
I still want to see a proper review and and an idea of price for 75 in particular...
Let’s hope this will mean micro led is within reach in 2-3 years at affordable prices and smaller sizes 55/65 and 4k...
No idea on price yet, but it ain't going to be cheap. We should be getting a review sample of the 75-inch version though, so at least we can properly test it.

This is the future. Really interested in this tech. This will render projector based big screen low brightness tech obsolete.

I really hope/wish that since it is a modular design, that you could say buy 4 modules at one time to make a say 50" display in a 2x2 configuration...

...and then buy another 5 modules to "wrap" around the existing 4 modules to make a say 80" display in 3x3 configuration in future upgrade...

Then when really rich buy another 7 modules to make 4x4 configuration. etc....

Much better on finances than buying all 16 modules at once to make 4x4 initially.

That would be ideal... future upgrading by buying more modules separately.

If I could buy 16 modules that would be as big as my current PJ screen for say €20k I would buy it.

No idea on price yet, but it ain't going to be cheap. We should be getting a review sample of the 75-inch version though, so at least we can properly test it.

Do you know if this is a 2x2 module or 3x3 module size? ie. how big are each modular unit?

I haven't actually seen the new modules yet (only the older ones) and Samsung has been cagey on exact specs.

You know as well as I that in future calibrators main job will be to go to peoples houses and try to get un-matching modules to match up exactly with each other in all lighting configurations - will be a nightmare if they look anything like current commercial wall displays. Good luck with that :D

Deleted

Last edited:
Until these are at under 5,000/4,000 grand for a 65" that is when people will bite, and even then only people like us.to the mass market they just wouldn't be interested at those prices.

Have Samsung annexed CES? :rotfl:

It is very exciting all this Samsung tech across their ranges, even the standard 4k QLED range should get a good boast in picture for 2020.

So OK we have heard a little bit from LG and others, will we hear a lot more in the following days?

Have Samsung annexed CES? :rotfl:

It is very exciting all this Samsung tech across their ranges, even the standard 4k QLED range should get a good boast in picture for 2020.

So OK we have heard a little bit from LG and others, will we hear a lot more in the following days?
Samsung went early last night, the actual show doesn't start until 4pm UK time today with the LG press conference.

@Steve Withers with your knowledge when do you think micro led will be affordable at 65" and under £5000???

I heard the smallest they will do is a 75". Seems very silly as most European homes don't have room for such a size. They should make 55" and 65" ones too. They say people who want anything under 75" can just opt for the QLED range. Another silly move as people know what the QLED range is and what its limitations are. QLED and full array local dimming has remained pretty stagnant for years now, and people want to move on to the next thing. But if you don't provide the right sizes then you can potentially stagnate the market/sales.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom