VIDEO: Samsung unveil 75-inch Micro LED TV at CES 2019

LG were charging £25,000 for their first generation 77" 4K OLED back in 2016 (the G6). I'd be surprised if this 75" MicroLED comes in lower than that.

So way, way, waaaaay out of my price range, but one can dream!

Thanks for the video Phil.

This looks very impressive, glad they had the smaller 75” on show, odd there was such a spectator distance but encouraging comments on the modular joins from the 219”.
Aspect ratio is a very nice touch.
Are we still thinking 4 years away from affordable (AV enthusiasts affordable), 2020 launch?

This is something I am watching with interest. It would solve the main issue with large screen - 120" plus home cinemas, HDR brightness and the fact if you did get bright enough you would lose any decent black levels. Some come on Samsung make these modular screens available at a sensible price (say less than £20k for a 150" screen) within 5 years. It would also mean you wouldnt need the level of light control or the need to cover your dedicated room in black velvet.. making the room more usable.

This is something I am watching with interest. It would solve the main issue with large screen - 120" plus home cinemas, HDR brightness and the fact if you did get bright enough you would lose any decent black levels. Some come on Samsung make these modular screens available at a sensible price (say less than £20k for a 150" screen) within 5 years. It would also mean you wouldnt need the level of light control or the need to cover your dedicated room in black velvet.. making the room more usable.
You're right, you can customise a 21:9 screen to suit your room. It would be vastly superior to any projector in terms of HDR, it would include a multitude of other features, and it could even be 8K if you wanted.

:love::love::love::clap::clap::clap::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
That's perfect gift for my 30s....sorry 50s :p
Now, where is the 2019 standard range? too much to ask for mini led?

Thank you Samsung, OLED is just an temporary place holder before this beast named Micro-LEDs are taking everything over. No potential burn-ins problems with a much higher peak brightness and the same blacks. I'm especially happy that Micro-LEDs don't suffer from burn-ins which are becoming a problem on OLEDS now more people actually own that technology.

The 75” was modular too? This tech is soooo far off production-ready.

Wow. I just had an eye-gasm. Can't wait. Enough of this faff. Just showcase these TVs only when you plan to make them available to us peasants on that year. thanks

The full 2019 range will be announced in the spring. I've seen them already and while I can't say much at the moment, I think people will be very impressed.
I CANT WAIT THAT LONG TO KNOW !!!! hope there will be some leaks or announcement..
I just hope they did quantum dot on glass, mini led and ai upscaling on new 55Q9 and big brothers...plus hdmi 2.1
I heard you LOVE chocolate Steve? can get you the best in the world...;):D:D
Edit: full range always announced later like last year. Just hope they will still talk now about the new 8K and Q9 for 2019 at least... hopefully

Last edited:
Yes the 75" TV was also modular. I think it makes sense, you perfect manufacturing a single-sized module, that ensures reliability and allows for economies of scale to keep the costs down.
I think the fact that they’re keeping you a good distance back from the 75”er suggests the seams would be visible at the correct viewing distance, no? I think the milestone we should look out for is a 1piece, non-modular 75”er. That gets you a size people are currently buying for their living rooms, without unsightly seams.

Last edited:
I think the fact that they’re keeping you a good distance back from the 75”er suggests the seams would be visible at the correct viewing distance, no? I think the milestone we should look out for is a 1piece, non-modular 75”er. That gets you a size people are currently buying for their living rooms, without unsightly seams.

Obviously, the work would have to continue to minitiarise down to 65 and 55.
If you see Phil video and note Steve comments, they are using blocks...they can shape the tv to any size and shape like lego...
I don't think size is an issue as much as the manufacturing cost...
a good 3 years away but still super exciting...

If you see Phil video and note Steve comments, they are using blocks...they can shape the tv to any size and shape like lego...
I don't think size is an issue as much as the manufacturing cost...
a good 3 years away but still super exciting...
Yes I did see that part of the vid. I think it was more a showcase of the modularity & aspect flexibility rather than any critical viewing. I dont think it’s mentioned what size that installation was either. I guess we’ll know more pretty soon.

I think they will launch 2020, but I can't see it being cheaper than their QLED TV range due to the manufacturing costs. But a contender for OLED alternative in the future for sure.The OLED screen burn issue has reared it's head again and Samsung has been exploiting this weakness.

I would like to know what is peak brightness of The Wall,it impressed me totaly at IFA 2018.

Hope that their is more 8K tvs looking to buy one later in the year.

I think they mounted this in a wall to hide the massive power supply needed. These beasts are going to weigh a ton, or at least lot more than an OLED.

The 75” was modular too? This tech is soooo far off production-ready.
Even if they could make large sheets, isn’t there an advantage to a tv being modular in construction? I mean, if a whole panel is scrapped because of a small defect, with a modular tv you just remove the module and the rest is useable. I like the idea of having 4 50” TVs around the house, then combining them in the lounge or garden for a 100” screen during a big event like World Cup or athletics. It would also allow 4 4k panels to be combined to make an 8k panel.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom