Question Vinyl and CD player

MartinGH1369

Established Member
Reaction score
Good day.

My sister in law is looking at buying a music system that can play CD's and vinyl.
I gave her a pair of Mordaunt Short M10s so she doesn't need speakers or speaker cable.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable system in the £300 range please?

Cheers,
Martyn.

It's £50 over budget, but something like the options below if buying new.

I considered the Denon DM41 (as I just bought for myself, excellent system paired with some Monitor Audio Bronze 2s) but I didnt think it had the ability to have vinyl connected, I read that it need a phone pre-amp or something similar... is what I read wrong?

Ignore me, just read the turntable description and it has a built in pre-amp.

You're a star, thank you.

Ordinarily your assumption would be correct @MartinGH1369 regarding a turntable, but the Marantz has a simple built in Phono Stage which means you will simply have to plug it into the single analogue input. It's similar to this Audio Technic AT-LP60XUSB although it hasn't got a USB output or the option of switching from the internal Phono Stage to an external one when the system moves to the next step

Ordinarily your assumption would be correct @MartinGH1369 regarding a turntable, but the Marantz has a simple built in Phono Stage which means you will simply have to plug it into the single analogue input. It's similar to this Audio Technic AT-LP60XUSB although it hasn't got a USB output or the option of switching from the internal Phono Stage to an external one when the system moves to the next step
Thanks alot for that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom