Vinyl lovers - what have you just bought? - part 2

I’ve not given it a spin yet, will try it out tonight. It was cheap on Amazon, £13.99 so perhaps that’s why it’s only the black vinyl version ?

I’ve not given it a spin yet, will try it out tonight. It was cheap on Amazon, £13.99 so perhaps that’s why it’s only the black vinyl version ?

I think the red one cost me £20 but that was in 2013.

Enjoy, it sounds amazing. I had a bootleg vinyl of it before that one came out. It was noisy but the only to get vinyl at the time. I think the only official one was out in Brazil.

AB3FCA55-1A23-483D-A587-CE7BB2F7412C.jpeg

4-LP version arrived today.
Christmas present from my step-kids.
God only knows why they chose to release the Cd version before Christmas, but waited another month for the vinyl..
Listening as I write this, having already watched the movie on Netflix.

I think the red one cost me £20 but that was in 2013.

Enjoy, it sounds amazing. I had a bootleg vinyl of it before that one came out. It was noisy but the only to get vinyl at the time. I think the only official one was out in Brazil.
Its sounds lovely...the vinyl is pretty quiet too, just a few little pops, but sounds very, very nice !

From this lot on the wall, I recently bought on a small shopping spree:

u5cmvTl.jpg

The Baby's, On The Edge
White Wolf, Standing Alone
Ace Frehley, Frehley's Comet
38 Special, Rockin' into the night
REO Speedwagon, Hi Infidelity
Michael White
Bon Jovi, New Jersey
David Coverdale, Whitesnake
Shooting Star, Hang on for you life
Hot Chocolate, Every 1's a winner
Def Leppard, High 'n Dry
The Baby's, Head First
Motorhead, Ace of Spades
Twisted Sister, You can't stop rock and roll
Rainbow, Long Live rock and Roll
Rod Stewart, Gasoline Alley
Twisted Sister, Stay Hungry
Rod Stewart, Every picture tells a story

Also grabbed a couple of record players too.

A Pioneer PL-12AC. Been after a vintage Pioneer for a long time, and this was really clean, Just needed a new cart and sponge in the suspension, and Bob's yer uncle.

And an NEC Authentic Series AUP-6500e. These very rarely show their head anywhere, so when this appeared locally I had to grab it. The lid is cracked, but the player itself is fantastic and clean.

The raw energy and sound quality on this release is of the map. No brainer, add it to your collection:

The raw energy and sound quality on this release is of the map. No brainer, add it to your collection:

Going to have to pick that up.

These are my 1st two vinyl albums since I was a kid. Rag 'n Bone Man is going back to Amazon, since I think one of their automated pickers ran over it. The arm could do stunts for the X Games

Kel Assouf Black Tenere is amazing. Not for everyone this sort of desert/electronic/dance/funk, but its great work out for your system.

IMG_4642.jpg

Last edited:
From this lot on the wall, I recently bought on a small shopping spree:

u5cmvTl.jpg

The Baby's, On The Edge
White Wolf, Standing Alone
Ace Frehley, Frehley's Comet
38 Special, Rockin' into the night
REO Speedwagon, Hi Infidelity
Michael White
Bon Jovi, New Jersey
David Coverdale, Whitesnake
Shooting Star, Hang on for you life
Hot Chocolate, Every 1's a winner
Def Leppard, High 'n Dry
The Baby's, Head First
Motorhead, Ace of Spades
Twisted Sister, You can't stop rock and roll
Rainbow, Long Live rock and Roll
Rod Stewart, Gasoline Alley
Twisted Sister, Stay Hungry
Rod Stewart, Every picture tells a story

Also grabbed a couple of record players too.

A Pioneer PL-12AC. Been after a vintage Pioneer for a long time, and this was really clean, Just needed a new cart and sponge in the suspension, and Bob's yer uncle.

And an NEC Authentic Series AUP-6500e. These very rarely show their head anywhere, so when this appeared locally I had to grab it. The lid is cracked, but the player itself is fantastic and clean.

Love the amp. :thumbsup:
Loving the new purchases inc that PL-12AC.

RSD 2019:

Attachments

• 20190413_115058.jpg
    20190413_115058.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 94
  • 20190413_115158.jpg
    20190413_115158.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 83
  • 20190413_114955.jpg
    20190413_114955.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 90
  • 20190413_115041.jpg
    20190413_115041.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 97
  • 20190413_114939.jpg
    20190413_114939.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 93
  • 20190413_115212.jpg
    20190413_115212.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 83
Not much here this RSD:

51205043_10218374949547890_4837119115103567872_n.jpg

Had a decent RSD haul yesterday. Managed to bag everything I wanted, apart from Daniel Johnston (no one had it, even those that ordered it)

Madness - One Step Beyond
David Bowie - Just a Gigolo
David Bowie - The World of David Bowie
David Bowie - Pin Up
The Flaming Lips - Kings Mouth
The Charlatans - Us and Us Only
Weezer - Teal
Gorillaz- The Fall
Suede - Head Music
Morrissey- Lover to Be
Robert Johnson - Kind Hearted Woman Blues
The Wedding Present- Davni Chasy

Love the amp. :thumbsup:
Loving the new purchases inc that PL-12AC.

The PL-12AC is lovely, especially for the price ($100.00). Keeps speed very well, and just put on a new Shure N91ED stylus, lined it all up with the Pioneer overhang gauge and away she goes. Real crisp sound, and tracks nicely too.

Not much to buy at RSD this past weekend. The local store was heaving, so grabbed just the 2 records. I knew exactly what I wanted, as I'd seen it on the shelf the previous week. Walked in, grabbed these what I wanted and left. The Racer X never shows itself around here, so was a must grab, even at $80; probably the reason it was still unsold when I walked in!! But, as it was Record Store Day there was 25% off all used, vintage vinyl; bargain!!

FnbVEQm.jpg

25HBtGu.jpg

It was the Bi-Annual record fair yesterday in Edmonton; got there for the collectors opening at 9.30am, (you get in early paying $10.00 instead of $5.00) and came home with a decent little haul. Once the crowds started coming in from 11am onwards, it was time to head home. Couple of Satriani albums, mint Japanese pressing of Hanoi Rocks, nice Mint pressing of a Hurricane album, UK pressing of the Ratt EP. Very happy.

wxKTwkA.jpg

Bought this beauty at HMV today for £12.99.

The Best of R.E.M. at the BBC. Two heavy weight records in their own seperate sleeve with photos and liner notes in a gatefold. Very nice. Had been put off at the original price but after listening to it now, and seeing the great way it has been packaged, it really is a bargain.

Attachments

• 15604345830378388714846604974848.jpg
    15604345830378388714846604974848.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
just had an email from HMV that a new loyalty scheme is starting up again and points will be transferred over to the new scheme, you can opt in or out...there also talking about an app. i hope the online store comes back too, but its good news for now

just had an email from HMV that a new loyalty scheme is starting up again and points will be transferred over to the new scheme, you can opt in or out...there also talking about an app. i hope the online store comes back too, but its good news for now
I've signed up again and gone for the app in the survey. useful if it does return.

Also coming up to HMV Vinyl Week, which is nice, if you still have an HMV near!

yeah if i remember you get double points instore for vinyl purchases...i wonder if they are continuing with that

HMV Vinyl weekend done and dusted. Got everything I want, and surprised how quiet it is. Although it doesn’t seem to get much advertisement.
-Beside Bowie: The Mick Ronson Story
- The Verve: A Northern Soul
- The Clash: Combat Rock
- D.J. Shadow: Endtroducing
- Amy Winehouse: Frank

And managed to pick up Richard Ashcroft: Alone With Everybody(£12.99) and Chemical Brothers: No Geography (£14.99)

HMV: Beside Bowie(yellow), Queen Greatest Hits(red), Elton Diamonds(blue)....Although I've never been into coloured vinyl :facepalm:

It's good to have vinyl back and it looks as if HMVs' new owners (Sunrise Records) are going to give a lot more prominence to vinyl in store:smashin:

HMV: It's good to have vinyl back and it looks as if HMVs' new owners (Sunrise Records) are going to give a lot more prominence to vinyl in store:smashin:
Very much so, it’s currently the “in thing” so it would be silly not to capitalise on the trend. They’ll just need to keep up with trends.

I remember a conversation with a member of staff, a few months ago. Said the main problem is they stock a lot of, new technology formats (blu-Ray, 4K) and they just don’t sell, like you’d expect. Instead, people will happily buy DVD as it’s considerably cheaper. So they’re just sitting on lots of stock, which they struggle to move.

Couldn't get down there Saturday so will pop in tommorrow, some nice stuff here

Does anyone know if they are selling these at Fopp?

Since the latest restructure, HMV branches are pretty thin on the ground near me with Kingston and Oxford Street both gone.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom