Virgin Media Retentions Discussion- Part 3

simonliu79

My contract was due next month so called today to see what was offered or give my 30 days notice.

I'm on the Ultimate Oomph package and was offered the same again for £89 a month which is what new customers are getting (for 18 months). Was quite surprised they gave me that straight up and happy with the 18 months too so I don't have to faff about with this again until 2022!

sammyvine

My contract was due next month so called today to see what was offered or give my 30 days notice.

I'm on the Ultimate Oomph package and was offered the same again for £89 a month which is what new customers are getting (for 18 months). Was quite surprised they gave me that straight up and happy with the 18 months too so I don't have to faff about with this again until 2022!
That's good!

It really seems it depends on who you speak to.....on what kind of offer you get.

rogerlodger

Standard Member
I've been offered renewal of the Ultimate Oomph for £84 but I'm really after a cheaper option. Nothing else they've offered is discounted, though, e.g. M200 BB + SIM for £52/month.

Just wondering, though, can anyone sign up to Virgin Business? I'm only after BB and they offer 350Mb for £32 + VAT on a 24 month contract (+£7 for a phone line with calls included). Not necessarily the cheapest but none of that end of contract hassle of renegotiating the price.

Anyone tried it?

rogerlodger

Standard Member
To answer my own question, yes you can. I just switched to Virgin Business. They're quite happy for me to transfer from Virgin Residential and can handle the termination, etc. I've signed up for Voom Fibre 1 (350 Mbps download) for £32+vat/month, a 3GB 4G SIM with unlimited free UK calls & texts for £7+VAT/month. There's a £5 discount for taking both so total is £40.80/month on a 24 month contract with no automatic increase at the end. There's cashback on Topcashback but it's fairly modest for Fibre 1.

sammyvine

I've been offered renewal of the Ultimate Oomph for £84 but I'm really after a cheaper option. Nothing else they've offered is discounted, though, e.g. M200 BB + SIM for £52/month.

Just wondering, though, can anyone sign up to Virgin Business? I'm only after BB and they offer 350Mb for £32 + VAT on a 24 month contract (+£7 for a phone line with calls included). Not necessarily the cheapest but none of that end of contract hassle of renegotiating the price.

Anyone tried it?
That's a good deal. How did you get that price? Did they call you back....

rogerlodger

Standard Member
No sooner have I signed up with Virgin Business than I get another call from Retentions. They've offered me the M200 + SIM for £42/month or Anytime phone + TV with BT Sport (£51) or + Sky Sports (£60).

rogerlodger

Standard Member
Incidentally, the second Retentions call was prompted by my request to transfer my landline phone number from Virgin (which I'm moving to Sipgate).

gravula

So, three days before my services are due to be switched off I received a call not from retentions but from a salesman. Bascically offered new customer bundle prices which, as I said in a previous post, aren't very good at the moment.
I would either be paying more than I was previously for a downgraded package or if I stayed on the package I was on now it was the price inbound retentions offered me when I first phoned to cancel.
If they'd phoned a couple of weeks ago when the new customer bundles were still good I probably would have stayed.
So if you do phone to cancel and don't get a call back immediately there is still a chance they could get back to you close to your disconnection date, but be prepared to vote with your feet if they can't give you a deal you're happy with.

mikeysthoughts

So, three days before my services are due to be switched off I received a call not from retentions but from a salesman. Bascically offered new customer bundle prices which, as I said in a previous post, aren't very good at the moment.
I would either be paying more than I was previously for a downgraded package or if I stayed on the package I was on now it was the price inbound retentions offered me when I first phoned to cancel.
If they'd phoned a couple of weeks ago when the new customer bundles were still good I probably would have stayed.
So if you do phone to cancel and don't get a call back immediately there is still a chance they could get back to you close to your disconnection date, but be prepared to vote with your feet if they can't give you a deal you're happy with.
For me the craziest thing about this is that only 2 weeks ago they were offering the Oomph bundle for £79pm/18mo AND a £150 rebate covering the first two bills. Happily I grabbed it as my wife is a new customer, and I gave my notice.

Why is a new customer more worthy in late Sept/early Oct than now!? New football season, perhaps? Maybe their analysis shows more existing Sky and BT subscriptions come to an end at this time?

gravula

For me the craziest thing about this is that only 2 weeks ago they were offering the Oomph bundle for £79pm/18mo AND a £150 rebate covering the first two bills. Happily I grabbed it as my wife is a new customer, and I gave my notice.

Why is a new customer more worthy in late Sept/early Oct than now!? New football season, perhaps? Maybe their analysis shows more existing Sky and BT subscriptions come to an end at this time?
I could understand their prices going up and down at various points but it's the prices going up AND the packages being downgraded that gets my goat. No doubt there will be better deals next month, too late to do me any good I imagine. Having said that I notice I've had a missed call on my landline from a number that checks out as actual outbound retentions. Phoned after the "salesman" called on my mobile from a mobile number. There may be another twist in my retentions tale.

sammyvine

That's an amazing deal
I got robbed off
I am paying £80 for the VIP deal but I am an existing customer. I am going to call tomorrow and speak to them, because I still have the 14 day cooling period. I hate the way Virgin operates.

rogerlodger

Standard Member
My best deal was last year when I qualified as a new customer (having switched to BT for a year after over 20 years with Blueyonder/Virgin). £89/month for Ultimate Oomph with £250 cashback, £150 discount and a year's Amazon Prime (worth £79). Only 12 months, though.

bigry

Distinguished Member
Apologise if this has been asked before just given VM my 30 day notice today. Do I need to wait for the contract to end before I set wife up as new customer?

mikeysthoughts

Apologise if this has been asked before just given VM my 30 day notice today. Do I need to wait for the contract to end before I set wife up as new customer?
No, they are separate processes. Your wife just needs to sign up as a new customer, and if you do the self-install option, get it delivered on the day (or a day before) your old contract ends.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom