Virgin Media Retentions Discussion- Part 3

Slight issue. Had confirmation email to say new equipment won’t be delivered till the 28th - few days after the 23rd I requested.
Current service will go off on the 26th! - Can we survive a Saturday and Sunday without it?! 😱

How long did it take you to hear anything back again...

I cancelled on Tuesday and haven't been called yet...

Slight issue. Had confirmation email to say new equipment won’t be delivered till the 28th - few days after the 23rd I requested.
Current service will go off on the 26th! - Can we survive a Saturday and Sunday without it?! 😱
That's so annoying lol!
Virgin are so long, I don't know why they didnt just offer you a decent deal instead of you having to cancel and get everything done again...
Plus they are spending money on new equipment for nothing lol

I know - stupid really. Oh well, examples like this show that they need to look after existing customers better moving forward.
From my perspective, now i know this new offer workaround works, i'll be doing it every 18 months etc.

I know - stupid really. Oh well, examples like this show that they need to look after existing customers better moving forward.
From my perspective, now i know this new offer workaround works, i'll be doing it every 18 months etc.
How long did it take for you to get a call...
I am surprised I haven't heard anything back yet...im guessing I may not get a call surprisingly.

So an update. I had said yes to Ultimate Oomph for £99. I was paying £100 for All TV, 200mb, landline but no sports or movies or SIM - so was a lot better. 2 Tivo's already in the house (but I did have to pay Virgin money for those, as I got them right at the start). Then I thought why should a newbie get it for £79 and me £99. Quit thinking at worse could re-sign in wife's name. Got a call from Retentions next day and was offered Ulitmate Oomph at £89 for 18 months. I had said here I would take that if offered it, so I did. All set up now. (So glad to be off 3 Mobile they have been shocking last 12 months!).

So an update. I had said yes to Ultimate Oomph for £99. I was paying £100 for All TV, 200mb, landline but no sports or movies or SIM - so was a lot better. 2 Tivo's already in the house (but I did have to pay Virgin money for those, as I got them right at the start). Then I thought why should a newbie get it for £79 and me £99. Quit thinking at worse could re-sign in wife's name. Got a call from Retentions next day and was offered Ulitmate Oomph at £89 for 18 months. I had said here I would take that if offered it, so I did. All set up now. (So glad to be off 3 Mobile they have been shocking last 12 months!).
Sorry can I ask when your contact was finishing and when you called them? My one finishes on 24/10 and it goes from £34 to £52 for just 200 BB and weekend calls.

Thank you

Same deal I got. Well done! :clap: :thumbsup:

I had been out of contract & paying over the odds for ages. I was offered a better deal right at the start of lockdown (not this good) but hadn't taken it - they couldn't sort the sim at the time apparently, lockdown issues (fair enough we were all doing the best we could). I imagine how much extra they've creamed off you (= good customer) helps a little. We'v been with them 20 years....

Looks like ill be leaving Virgin after like 9 years with them

I cancelled last Tuesday and still have not had a call back. Previously I was called literally a day or two after cancelling but not this time.
Debating who to go with now...

Did you get a call the day after cancelling? It's been a week and I still haven't been called.

I didn’t get a call for about 2 weeks...and what they offered was rubbish!
Roll on new connection on the 28th 😬

I contacted Live Chat to leave my Ultimate Oomph package after a year as it was going to rise from £99pm to £130+.

Had a call today from retentions offering the £89pm 18 month deal above. Was ready to move to Sky but generally happy with Virgin so agreed to go with it :)

I contacted Live Chat to leave my Ultimate Oomph package after a year as it was going to rise from £99pm to £130+.

Had a call today from retentions offering the £89pm 18 month deal above. Was ready to move to Sky but generally happy with Virgin so agreed to go with it :)
that's strange how everyone got a call except me
I cancelled almost two weeks ago and haven't heard anything.....

Not everyone. I am in the same boat, just trying to find out who to go with when it appears I have to.
They really don't treat their existing customers well at all....
I think they expect people to stay so they know they don't have to go over and beyond for them....

My cancellation date is on the 8th of October so I am also deciding what to do. I called to find out what they can offer me and they said £89 for the VIP deal which is a joke considering people are getting the ultimate package for that exact price.

They really don't treat their existing customers well at all....
I think they expect people to stay so they know they don't have to go over and beyond for them....

My cancellation date is on the 8th of October so I am also deciding what to do. I called to find out what they can offer me and they said £89 for the VIP deal which is a joke considering people are getting the ultimate package for that exact price.
I wonder of to depends how quickly you try and get a 'new' deal. Im not very organised so they got a good while when I am paying over the odds - was at least 3 years out of contract this time I imagine

My discount ends next month, so called them today to see what my options were.

I would have been going from £34 to £54 pm.

I am on 200mbps BB and weekend calls, was offered 350mbps + 15gb mobile Sim for £47. Don't need that speed or mobile Sim so asked if they could offer anything else.

Was offered to keep same price for 18 months so took it.

Did you do it all online? I tried and it comes up with " There is already virgin services at this address sign in to see offers". When I sign in it says cannot be done online, call us. I called and they offered me a rubbish price nowhere near the new customers offers. I cancelled and no call back its been two weeks now.

I cancelled yesterday after 15 years or so of loyal custom. Currently paying £73 for Full House TV, 100MB BB and talk weekends. All I wanted was an additional TV box. I worked out the equivalent package (with extra box) for a new customer would be £52. All they could offer was to reduce my current package to £62 (with no extra box) or to add a box and put my bill up to £82. The woman I spoke to seemed genuinely confused about what was coming up on screen. She suggested it might be better to try again after October 1st as they have some new offers about to be introduced.
So, I have two questions for the people who have re-signed in their partner's name...
1 - As Sooty4 asks, did you do it online and, if so, did you say you were moving into this property or what other option did you choose?
2 - Are you able to transfer your old email addresses to the new account? On the VM forums there are different views about whether this is possible.

I understand from friends that Sky also tries to hike up the price at the end of every contract. I wouldn't have a problem switching between Sky and VM every couple of years but it will be a real PITA to move everything over to my Gmail account. I know I should do it, but I'd rather have another 18 months than try to get it all done in 90 days.

Did you do it all online? I tried and it comes up with " There is already virgin services at this address sign in to see offers". When I sign in it says cannot be done online, call us. I called and they offered me a rubbish price nowhere near the new customers offers. I cancelled and no call back its been two weeks now.
Yes, all online. When i go to virgin media page now and put my post code in to check services it now says its in my area - before i re-signed it said it is already at this address and there was an option below to say carry on or something.
I didn't say i was moving to the address, just said this is my address and had been for 3+ years.
I have re-signed using my wifes email address this time.

I did have another call yesterday to off me a new deal but i said no. Services are still being cut off tomorrow.

Ive been with VM for around 15 years. My package for 100mbps BB, TiVo box and weekend calls, has just risen from £42pm to £54pm. The same package for new customers is £29.99pm for 18 months.
Ive cancelled and asked if hubby can be added as a new customer for £29.99pm
VM have just rung me back within the hour and trying to sort out a new deal for hubby as a new customer deal. They are ringing me back in another hour to confirm. They will send new equipment out for me to set up, which is fine by me.

Ive been with VM for around 15 years. My package for 100mbps BB, TiVo box and weekend calls, has just risen from £42pm to £54pm. The same package for new customers is £29.99pm for 18 months.
Ive cancelled and asked if hubby can be added as a new customer for £29.99pm
VM have just rung me back within the hour and trying to sort out a new deal for hubby as a new customer deal. They are ringing me back in another hour to confirm. They will send new equipment out for me to set up, which is fine by me.
I am the same but with anytime calls so they want £59 now instead of the £44. I have cancelled and want to do the same but they previously told me you have to be away from them for three months as it is the same household. So I am interested in what they say to you if you could report back please?

I am the same but with anytime calls so they want £59 now instead of the £44. I have cancelled and want to do the same but they previously told me you have to be away from them for three months as it is the same household. So I am interested in what they say to you if you could report back please?
VM have just negotiated a new deal with hubby as new customer. They rang me back twice to confirm everything.

Hubby is now account holder and we have negotiated a new deal of 100mbps BB, TiVo box, new router (which I dont need) and weekend calls. £29.99 for 18 months, starts 1st October.
The new customer offer ends in a few hours. Worth a try giving them a ring again, or try online in someone elses name in your household. This was all done in a few hours this afternoon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom