Virgin WiFi - Connecting Two Hubs

Minchroadster

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum, so hoping you can help? Just moved into a new (large) house. I have a new Virgin super hub 2 into my living room but I also have another cable/ box on the wall, wired from the main outside box, into the study (other end of the house).
Can I connect another super hub to this second cable and use WiFi in the study. The current signal from the new super hub is VERY weak to the study - approx. 1/2 mbs.
Thoughts colleagues?

Is this a new service provided by Virgin as they now supply the so called Super Hub3 on new services?

Take a photo of the other box and post so we can see what it is you've got. Then we can provide a more definitive response.

Hi, yes the new Virgin service is provided by their
IMG_0050 2.jpg
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0431.jpg
IMG_0934.jpg
IMG_0934.jpg
Super Hub 3. Attached are some, poor pics, of the Virgin box and cable in the study. Having checked the Virgin box outside, I have appear to have an input (in) coaxial cable and two output cables? One to the new Virgin Super Hub 3 and one to the study which is currently connected to nothing. Could I fit another super-hub to this spare (?) lead and have wifi in the study? ?

You only have one service, one account and you can only connect one SHub3 as your main router. You could use a second SHub3 to serve as a hub by plugging a network cable between them, then turn dhcp off on the main SHub3.

This is what a normal setup would look like. The second box you have would be used to connect a Virgin TV Box.

1580941969197.png

Last edited:
Thanks for this, most helpful - the diagram is perfect. Assume I need to login into the Virgin account to turn off the DHCP?

Mark

You could try a plug-in WI-Fi booster/range extender. I have a BT one to boost the signal at the back of my house and it works well.

Here's a selection......

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom