Visonic Motion Detectors not triggering

SaintGermain

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have bought a used Visonic Powermax Pro with 3 motion detectors (Visonic Next Plus K9-85 MCW).
To test them I put them all on a shelf and tried to walk around (using the LED as detection indicator).

It seems that one is working correctly, but the others are not triggering, except when I am right in front of them (with my nose almost touching the sensor).

I've tried cleaning the front, waiting a long time before testing and to set the jumper to 1-event detection, but same result.
It doesn't seem to be related to battery level (normally when the battery is too low, I should receive some warning).

Is there something I can do to improve the detection ? Or do I have to buy new ones ?
If yes, they are not as reliable as I thought they will be.

Thanks

To save the battery the sensor will close down once it has detected movement. To test the sensors leave the room for 15/20 mins go back in and see if they detect you. Good luck.

The sensor goes into test mode just after you open/close then (2mn of LED blinking and 15 mn of test mode).
In that mode you can test at will the sensor: they will trigger each time without any "cooldown" period,

In the normal mode, the sensor is re-armed after 2mn without any motion detected..
I've tested this "cooldown" period and it is exactly 2mn for each sensors.

Under 3-5m, I have the same good behavior with the 3 sensors.
Over 5-7m, I begin to have a clear difference between the sensors (some are very bad)

Have you taken the pet shields off them? I find my cats don't set them off even without- I think they're really for dogs.

What do you mean by taking the pet shields off them ?
I tried setting the jumper to 1-event, that's all.

I've since bought some PIR without the pet immune option, and it works much better.

Sorry, the 802s have plastic shields in front of them. It does sound as though yours are faulty.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom