Bargain Expired Vive Black Friday deal Free DAS + FO4 + DoomVFR

Nice! Good time for any vr fence sitters to join the party with good discounts on the big 3 hmds (rift, vive and psvr)

Amazon are also doing Fallout 4 VR and Doom VFR for £32 and £12 respectively, plus an extra £2 off each if you have Prime. So I've pre-ordered both for £40 :thumbsup:

Amazon are also doing Fallout 4 VR and Doom VFR for £32 and £12 respectively, plus an extra £2 off each if you have Prime. So I've pre-ordered both for £40 :thumbsup:

IF fallout VR was the GOTY i would be all over it... but i was dissapointed to see it is the vanilla game and presumably they are going to rerelease the DLC again.

so i will wait for falloutVR GOTY in 3 years time ;)

the price of doom is interesting. if i knew for certain it would fully support the rift (as in touch) properly i would probably bite... however the low price does make me question how much of a game it will be compared to a short tech demo of how doom in VR COULD be.

I’ve pre-ordered DoomVFR with Amazon Prime for £10. The last video showed smooth locomotion and no teleport which was enough for me to get onboard. Plus if we don’t support Today’s AAA how are we to expect more in the future.

Plus if we don’t support Today’s AAA how are we to expect more in the future.
fair point... tho i cant afford to back ALL the games!... i have splunked out quite a lot on VR stuff this last 3 months... VR stuff i cant actually play at the moment as i have no full room vr and wont till after xmas..... so i have done my bit for VR :)

(that said for me personally gone are the days i thing AAA and thing of it as a positive, the whole top end of AAA is starting to collapse in on itsself and i think the current lootbox farce may be the final straw that will bring about change - whether it will be good change or bad i do not know, but imo the world of a game "only" making 4 million sales and so being considered a failure has to end.................

but i digress sorry.....

Doom is still 19.99 on Steam. I don't have a disk drive. Would this come with a Steam key?

Do you want to play Doom or DoomVFR?

Not gonna chance that it comes with a download code as well as a disk :(

I was expecting an emai code.

Mine just arrived. Seems strange getting an empty box throuigh the post.

27minutes to download and no time to play tonight. I hope they fix the bugs by tomorrow or I might sit on it for a week.

Yep, got mine, empty DVD case with a code. Seriously, why bother? Just send the code via email or something. Then I'd have likely got it on the day of release.

Would be pretty p:censored:sed had I ordered the boxed copy because my broadband was pish.

A 16GB download, not sure that would fit on a single DVD.

4.3GB.

Am I old for knowing the capacity of s single sided DVD? Is that something that young people nowadays simply don't need to know?!
I still remember the days of games coming on multiple 1.2MB floppies. And tapes before that. :blush: Kids are spoiled these days...

i remember when i got this bad boy for xmas....... i was the envy of all my friends and was my primary schools go to pirate ;)

http://wikiboombox.com/tiki-index.php?page=Sharp+WQ-T252

Actually i think mine was a slightly older model than that, i must have gotten it around 1984 / 85 iirc for xmas. it was bright red. it had mechanical sliders on the front, not that "snazzy" LCD display. ;)

slight problem with it was it had a penchant for chewing up tapes, i (my parents) took 2 or 3 back before getting one which.... *almost* never wrecked tapes.

even then i remember having to buy my mate a new copy of saboteur 2 on the speccy due to it getting munched in the cassette player

Last edited:
I had my C64's C2N unit permanently opened with a screwdriver nearby to adjust the head alignment for various...."recordings". :D
Ahhh, good times!

I had a crappy Matsui 'tape to tape' that added a buzz to recordings. Many, many an hour wasted watching Spectrum games spend 3 minutes buzzing away then just stop and do nothing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom