Question Vr goggles with slave monitor

Pjkkerr

Novice Member
Reaction score
Is there any vr setup where a friend can view holiday photos and videos taken on my 360° camera on vr goggles, whilst I can see what they are looking at on a slave monitor and give them a (hopefully not too boring) running commentary?

SteamVR (and presumably Oculus) have a mirror mode that displays the headset output on your monitor, along with audio. Most VR applications do this themselves anyway I.e. have an application window open showing what the VR user is seeing.

Thanks for the reply! I was getting nowhere because I was using the wrong search term - "slave" instead of "mirror". I reckon I'll probably go for an Oculus Quest.

The Quest is a standalone headset - be warned you'll either need the new PC link cable or perform wifi gymnastics to get it to mirror on a PC for native apps (I don't think it's a standard feature on the Quest, could be wrong).

For Oculus Rift titles that run on a PC, the rendering is done on the PC and should be mirrored, although to actually play them on the Quest headset you once again need a cable (or wifi).

Yes, Chromecast works, but you need your phone in hand if you are doing this on a Quest into a Mac.

Too many tools to juggle.. LOL a2

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom