Question VR SLI

A word of warning, you've never experienced a true horror game until you've tried it in VR. It is next level frightning!

I'm a total wuss when it comes to horror games, getting through the quarantine zone in half life alyx was a real acomplishment for me, lol.

Yeap Iv'e seen people with horror games VR and I do have some worrying to deal with 😂

Valve Index Kit they give you a free copy with Half Life Alyx so I'm going to feel it as well 😎

In four years of using this latest VR, I think I've only felt nauseous about 5 times (and I think it was my rig to blame - any excess latency gives you a subtle drunken effect where the image is slightly behind your movements head movements).

I've had a couple of friends though who really couldn't handle VR on certain titles (one was PCars 2 strangely enough - he was perfectly fine until he spun the car which completely freaked him out).

I wish and hope am not one of these people that can't handle VR but I think am just jumping to assumptions without trying it first!

I wish and hope am not one of these people that can't handle VR but I think am just jumping to assumptions without trying it first!
If you're not overly susceptible to sea or car sickness, I think you'll be just fine :)
If you do encounter any nausea, as has been mentioned, stop immediately since it'll only get worse and can linger for a good few hours. Eating ginger can really help BTW.

If you're not overly susceptible to sea or car sickness, I think you'll be just fine :)
If you do encounter any nausea, as has been mentioned, stop immediately since it'll only get worse and can linger for a good few hours. Eating ginger can really help BTW.

Yeah I did read about that as well ginger and that fan.

If you don't mind I have another question about the Valve Index!

Do the Vive or any kind of body trackers work with the Index kit?

Do the Vive or any kind of body trackers work with the Index kit?
Yes - although make sure they're SteamVR 2.0 compatible or they won't work with the Index lighthouses (I think the earliest HTC trackers were only 1.0, but any new ones since 2018 should be 2.0 compatible). You'll need an additional USB port for each tracker's wireless dongle.

Note that obviously it depends on the game whether additional trackers are supported.

Yes - although make sure they're SteamVR 2.0 compatible or they won't work with the Index lighthouses (I think the earliest HTC trackers were only 1.0, but any new ones since 2018 should be 2.0 compatible). You'll need an additional USB port for each tracker's wireless dongle.

Note that obviously it depends on the game whether additional trackers are supported.
I see. So it's like the same as SLI with Vr it depends on the game if it support it or not!
Do you think it's worth the trouble to get them with the Index?
and if Yes how many I should get 3 for legs and torso?

I see. So it's like the same as SLI with Vr it depends on the game if it support it or not!
Do you think it's worth the trouble to get them with the Index?
and if Yes how many I should get 3 for legs and torso?
I wouldn't bother if I were you - they're great if you're a YouTube streamer doing mixed reality videos (to track the camera) or if you want more accurate body tracking in some games that support it. Otherwise, save your money.

I wouldn't bother if I were you - they're great if you're a YouTube streamer doing mixed reality videos (to track the camera) or if you want more accurate body tracking in some games that support it. Otherwise, save your money.
After I've seen few videos on it yeah you're absolutely. it's mostly VRchat stuff and like one or two games that support it

Thank you again for your info and advise.

Also worth adding Beat Saber to the list. Then you get to be Darth Vader in a Disco. It’s far more fun than it sounds :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom