VW ID3 Thoughts

But which people?

For not much more you could go for the Tesla Model 3 SR+ :)
Seriously tempted. The model 3 has grown on me. I just don’t like the fact that there is no dealer to order through. All seems online only. Plus it’s in the luxury car tax band.

Seriously tempted. The model 3 has grown on me. I just don’t like the fact that there is no dealer to order through. All seems online only. Plus it’s in the luxury car tax band.
Tesla have dealers. Just not as many as other car manufacturers.
And why do you need a dealer? The only reason I can see is for a test drive.

Habit I suppose
But Now the price has gone up
Presuming ID 3 will come in close to 40k
From the prices I am seeing, the iD3 1st Edition won' be cheap at all.
Standard = 39,500 euros approx
Plus = 44,500 euros approx
Max = 49,500 euros approx

The Tesla price increase were going to happen, it was due to the currency weakening here in the UK.

:eek:

Email today
Now I get this when I goto my booking
06AFAF7C-E792-45B7-890C-5E75571D106D.png

Looks very nice however are Volkswagen building them in that colour combination, it looks like the Max 1st Edition which the UK isn't getting! :(
Dad is close to cancelling his iD3 order but I have told him to hold on until pricing is officially announced.

If there is no Max I will have to decide as I wanted max. I still have hope....
You could wait until the order books open for normal production cars, that way you could go for the biggest battery and every option ...... but then I think the price will end up being a cool £50k.
I understand the argument that some people want small hatch-back type cars but its hard to ignore cars like the Model 3..... is sooooooo spacious inside :D lol

The PCP deals are the only positive from that lot. €40k minimum for what is a very basic spec, small car is a joke. €2k more would get you (after a bit of a wait) an e-Niro. Much bigger, better range, nicer finish and far higher spec. OK its a Kia, but still. Must do better VW.

The PCP deals are the only positive from that lot. €40k minimum for what is a very basic spec, small car is a joke. €2k more would get you (after a bit of a wait) an e-Niro. Much bigger, better range, nicer finish and far higher spec. OK its a Kia, but still. Must do better VW.
I hate to say it but I knew this would happen in terms of high pricing.. time to order that Tesla folks! :D

Will stick with my hybrid Golf GTE for a few years until prices become affordable. The decent, higher spec Corsa-e is just under £30K before rebate o_O

So much for the people’s electric car. Obviously gives them room for an ID 2 to come in but not seen it mentioned. Seen the SUV and estate but they’ll just be more expensive still.

So...Uk price is £36k after grant on the 1st Edition. We only get one option. The Plus.
No heat pump. Maybe to keep it under 40k before grant. Colour option is £600. The granny cable is an optional purchase?
There’s more...
Series release may be November. I don't believe this but it’s what I’ve read. The big battery will only take 4 passengers. No centre seat belt. This is due to the weight of the car going over industry spec for small cars with 5 adults and the big battery.
This also means that there is no panoramic roof option with big battery as pano roof adds weight.
So many deal breakers for me.
Be it the First edition or series release.

Don’t quote me. Just stuff I read on Facebook from pre bookers.
Some good news. If your a pre booker and don’t want the first edition you can move it to series release and be first in the q for them. And I don’t think big battery. 77 KWh is out till 2021.
I’m so close to pulling the trigger on a Tesla it hurts..!

Last edited:
Don’t quote me. Just stuff I read on Facebook from pre bookers.
Some good news. If your a pre booker and don’t want the first edition you can move it to series release and be first in the q for them. And I don’t think big battery. 77 KWh is out till 2021.
I’m so close to pulling the trigger on a Tesla it hurts..!
So...Uk price is £36k after grant on the 1st Edition. We only get one option. The Plus.
No heat pump. Maybe to keep it under 40k before grant. Colour option is £600. The granny cable is an optional purchase?
There’s more...
Series release may be November. I don't believe this but it’s what I’ve read. The big battery will only take 4 passengers. No centre seat belt. This is due to the weight of the car going over industry spec for small cars with 5 adults and the big battery.
This also means that there is no panoramic roof option with big battery as pano roof adds weight.
So many deal breakers for me.
Be it the First edition or series release.
For that price, I would go with a Model 3 for a little more, or the BMW i3

The boot on the ID looks very small for a 'family' hatchback, doesn't look like there is a false floor either. That combined with the fact the top spec battery version is a 4 seater shows VW had serious issues squeezing that battery pack into the chassis, as a result the packaging has been compromised.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom