W Series ESports

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is possibly going to be a little bit more niche, so will probably attract even less attention than the Formula E - Race at Home Challenge thread! :rotfl:

BBC are going to be showing a round of this every Thursday. Only stumbled across it whilst browsing the BBC iPlayer last night.

I dont see why they couldn't have been considered to take part in the 'normal' esports races alongside Lando, Charles Etc

Not sure if I remember correctly but Alice Powell was in the last Formula E Race At Home event. However that seemed to be pretty much the entire representation of female drivers in the series. :(

But I do agree - I'd been saying (mostly to my wife!) from the first race of the virtual F1 that the organisers had been missing a trick not inviting other professional drivers, such as Susie Wolff and Jamie Chadwick, instead of padding the field out with (e.g.) Ian Poulter.

Not sure if I remember correctly but Alice Powell was in the last Formula E Race At Home event. However that seemed to be pretty much the entire representation of female drivers in the series. :(

But I do agree - I'd been saying (mostly to my wife!) from the first race of the virtual F1 that the organisers had been missing a trick not inviting other professional drivers, such as Susie Wolff and Jamie Chadwick, instead of padding the field out with (e.g.) Ian Poulter.
I nearly said the exact same thing about including Poulter

I assume she has a super licence?
I would have thought someone would have taken a punt on her in a FP1 session by now. Although I assume paydrivers will all have a clause about FP1 participation.

AlphaTauri could probably do it. If she was any good, in F1 terms, marketing wise she could be a goldmine

Working towards it.

TLDR - needs 40 points for full license to race in F1, 25 for free practice. Has 10 from F3; can get 25 more if/when W Series resumes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom