Walking Dead S2 and 3 UK releases, are they uncut?

I'm pretty sure it was only S1 that was cut in the UK.

And even then the cuts weren't massive, more blink and you'd miss them.

Not really, S1 was butchered on the uk bd

An arrow being digitally removed I can deal with, but circa 10 seconds at a time, especially of gore in a Zombie show is more than I'm happy with.

Last edited:
In fairness I was rounding up, I think one cut was like 8.5 or something.

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but for me the UK release had more cuts than I was happy with. The region A special edition of S1 is a lovely set :)

An arrow being digitally removed I can deal with, but circa 10 seconds at a time, especially of gore in a Zombie show is more than I'm happy with.
I have the UK S1. Amazon were selling the US S1 for $7.99 so I bought that because it was cheap and of course uncut. Having watched the US version I can't tell the difference although I'm happy to have the uncut version. I would have been really miffed if I'd bought the US one for full price and watched the UK disc afterwards because I don't think the changes warrant paying a premium for the uncut version.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but better to do that than create a new one. Did season 1 of this ever get released in the UK uncut? I have it on uncut DVD as my Blu Ray player isn’t region free. I want to upgrade my earlier series to Blu Ray and heard that Germany got it uncut in 2013. I’ve found this UK set, released in 2015, and was wondering if season 1 was finally uncut over here?

The Walking Dead - Season 1-5 [Blu-ray] [2015] The Walking Dead - Season 1-5 [Blu-ray] [2015]: Amazon.co.uk: Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus: DVD & Blu-ray

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
It just contains the same old uncut discs, as does this even more recent repackage. For questions like this, your first port of call should be DVDCompare.
Bizarre you should reply to this just now. I’ve just this second got the Blu ray set that I posted, haha. Did your post mean to say the same censored discs for season 1?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Yes: that should have been "cut discs". Now corrected. I got the US 3-Disc Special Edition of season 1 for its uncut status and superior extras. Especially so for the B&W episode of "Days Gone Bye". I really liked Frank Darabont having a similar approach with The Mist (2007), so was keen to see more of the same. :)

Yes: that should have been "cut discs". Now corrected. I got the US 3-Disc Special Edition of season 1 for its uncut status and superior extras. Especially so for the B&W episode of "Days Gone Bye". I really liked Frank Darabont having a similar approach with The Mist (2007), so was keen to see more of the same. :)
I have the US DVD version but wanted to upgrade to Blu Ray and I don’t have a multi region player. I think I’ll keep the DVD discs too so I can refer to them in future. Such a shame we never got the uncut discs, especially since the Germans, who were the original reason we got the censored discs in the first place, now have them.

I hadn't heard that about Germany being the sole reason; are you sure? Apart from the US and the later German uncut edition, pretty much every country got the cut versions.

I hadn't heard that about Germany being the sole reason; are you sure? Apart from the US and the later German uncut edition, pretty much every country got the cut versions.
That’s what I read. They have harsher censorship laws, especially when it comes to violence, and so all of Europe got the censored edition to ensure it could be sold in Germany.

That's cool, but read it where exactly? I must say, it doesn't make any sense: most censorship cuts are country-specific and I can't think of any similar examples.

That's cool, but read it where exactly? I must say, it doesn't make any sense: most censorship cuts are country-specific and I can't think of any similar examples.
I can’t remember, it was a long time ago around the time that season 1 DVD came out. Europe usually shares releases doesn’t it, so that would explain why they just censored them all?

No, I'm afraid that's incorrect. Though it happens to be true for everywhere outside of the US in the case of this particular season, it's quite unusual when it comes to country-specific edits. A quick browse around many titles in the site I linked above will confirm this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom